Truth time ladies

I does not matter what you wear, what matters is the way you carry yourself. If you walk with an air of confidence, head up high, back straight, you will command respect from those around you. I should know, I am only 5-2!!

There are a LOT of people here just like you. Not everyone has the designer clothes and shoes to go with the bags, nor does everyone who does have the money for designer clothes always dress to the nines. I wear a lot of simpler clothing and I buy fewer pieces that will last longer. There is no way I could buy designer across the board, though.

tPF is for everyone. You don't need to be a model or have a 6 or 7 figure income to feel welcome!

i don't know - just being over 40, I think I look rediculous wearing the BLING brands (D&G, Versace, Cavalli) ... also I am not statuesque nor am I a model or a model type that has a staff to make me look great. I am just an avg person that just happens to like pricey bags ... so I wonder if that alone also makes me look stupid - you ever hear the saying "champagne tastes on a beer budget" - I mean I have some pricey bags and some nice jewelry but I certainly don't look like any of the polished well dressed people i see carrying these bags ...

So i must come across looking doubly foolish - and I bet people must think I carry fakes because I don't have the designer wardrobe or the rich pedigree to go with the bags .... I don't know ... I look at this site and all that everyone has and all the pictures and I think that I no matter how many chanel bags I own, will never look as good or fashionable.

I think the great thing about designer accessories is that they are accessible to all (who can afford/save up for them) and do not only look good if they are worn by model types.

I wouldn't, for one moment, think that a woman looked ridiculous carrying a designer bag, or wearing designer jewellery, just because she wasn't glammed up to the nines in other respects.

Accessories are a great way of lifting an otherwise plain outfit, IMO.

ETA: Some of the most imitated people are those who mix designer with high street and vintage items. In the UK, at least, it is considered rather unimaginative to wear a head-to-toe designer outfit.

i don't know - just being over 40, I think I look rediculous wearing the BLING brands (D&G, Versace, Cavalli) ... also I am not statuesque nor am I a model or a model type that has a staff to make me look great. I am just an avg person that just happens to like pricey bags ... so I wonder if that alone also makes me look stupid - you ever hear the saying "champagne tastes on a beer budget" - I mean I have some pricey bags and some nice jewelry but I certainly don't look like any of the polished well dressed people i see carrying these bags ...

So i must come across looking doubly foolish - and I bet people must think I carry fakes because I don't have the designer wardrobe or the rich pedigree to go with the bags .... I don't know ... I look at this site and all that everyone has and all the pictures and I think that I no matter how many chanel bags I own, will never look as good or fashionable.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm a super casual dresser and very comfortable in Levi's jeans, a sweater and loafers. :yes: I love clothing from LL Bean and JCPenney. I also hate spending $$$ on clothing -- did not inherit that gene from Mom. :lol: But I love, love, love designer bags and I will spend my money on them and I do carry them. I live in a very rural area and believe me -- not many people know designer from Wally World and the very very few designer bags I see are usually fake. Yesterday, I wore my Nebraska Cornhuskers sweatshirt with my Levi's and went shopping all over the area toting my Speedy 30. All the comments I got were "Go Big Red" -- nobody noticed my bag!

On the thread topic -- I wouldn't buy something super trendy and really don't care for the Juicy stuff. Although I wouldn't hesitate to buy a little accessory! I do have D&B bags but they are very understated and not a bit flashy at all.

^ We called tube tops 'boob tubes'! :lol:

I begged my Mum for one, when I was a little girl, but because I was so young and had absolutely no boobs for my tube; I ended up, unintentionally, wearing it as a belt! :shame:

:roflmfao: Well, you've outed yourself as being young enough to be my, um, little sister!

I does not matter what you wear, what matters is the way you carry yourself. If you walk with an air of confidence, head up high, back straight, you will command respect from those around you. I should know, I am only 5-2!!

I prefer the term "well over Five Full Feet."

:roflmfao: Well, you've outed yourself as being young enough to be my, um, little sister!

Well, my half sister's 14 years older than me and my Mum was 40 when she had me (and far more fashionable and well dressed than any of my friends' Mums!); so what age someone is, younger or older, is pretty irrelevant to me, SP! :biggrin: