Trunk show newbie. What to expect?

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
I'm going to the Cruise 2008 Trunk Show today. I've actually never been to a trunk show, because they seem to take place at the most inopportune times - such as during work hours :P However, I'm making it a point to go by today, because I'm considering buying a bag, and I've been obsessed with Chanel shoes lately :shame:

What can I expect at the show? Is everything just set out in the store? It runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., but I'll just be going by over lunch. The SA I met yesterday said that it's a bit hectic? I'm looking forward to it, though.

Any help for a trunk show newbie is appreciated. Thanks ;)

Mick

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
i have never been either christina, but want to wish you a great time!:yes:
my impression is you can walk around and see/try on all the bags. sounds like fun! :tup:
be sure to show us what you get!:graucho:

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Oh C they're fun!

There should be some tables piled w/ new Chanels and shoes on them! You can try them on and get on wait lists. At NM there's a waiter circulating w/ wine as well:yes:
Also, there's usually a rep straight from Chanel that seems to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING!:biggrin:

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
U r going to the one at PALM BEACH??
Jillian said its pretty busy..they usually just have a display of all the new bags..its really no big deal.Usually have refreshments too,...
Look at the satin CABAS bag for me..Im thinking of buying it!LOL!
and tell Jillian I said HI!!!she is a doll!

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
^ Yeah, I work about 10 minutes from PB, so that's the one I'm going to. If I see the Satin Cabas I'll take a peek for you :P

Mick, I doubt I'll buy anything (ha!), but I do have a pair of flats on hold for me, they're going on sale next week. I'm still undecided on a black bag, I originally went to the boutique yesterday on the black bag mission but got sidetracked by shoes :shame:

Swank, wine?! :nuts: Too bad I'm going during the workday. Well, I guess it is good I won't be partaking in the wine, I shop a lot when I drink!

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
The Palace
We don't have trunk shows over here in Europe, so I'm always curious how that would be. Sounds like fun to me!

I hope you'll have a great time and let us know if you got anything :tup:

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
I'm back, and it was fun :nuts: The Chanel rep. was extremely helpful and pleasant. She was down from New York for the trunk show - how does one get a job like that, I wonder? That sounds like my ultimate dream job, visiting different boutiques, meeting new people and playing with shoes, clothes and bags all day ;) There were a few women dressed in a couple of new RTW pieces.

I saw a softer, less structured version of the lambskin flap. It has a single chain shoulder strap with padding at the top, and comes in black and white, both in the jumbo and medium size. The jumbo was :love: but out of my price range. Beautiful costume jewelry pieces, and awesome sandals!

I ended up putting my name on the waitlist for a pair of beautiful coral colored sandals. They should be arriving sometime next month or in January. They're flat, the toe strap has the interlocking Cs in gold, and a single strap over the top of the foot. ATTENTION Jill: Jillian said you must buy these sandals along with the Satin Cabas, which I saw. It's very cool. She also says hi :nuts: My SA also did a pre-sell for the black skimmers that are going on sale, so I can just swing by and pick them up next Wednesday.

All in all, a very neat experience! The RTW section of this store is absolutely TDF!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
Great..Now I gotta buy more shoes too...HEHE!My poor wallet!
You loves the satin Cabas?Was it too big IRL??

missisa07

(Isabel)
O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
Hawaii
Oh wow. I can't wait to go to my first trunk show. I only got into Chanel fairly recently so I've never been to one yet. Sounds fun!

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
Great..Now I gotta buy more shoes too...HEHE!My poor wallet!
You loves the satin Cabas?Was it too big IRL??
Yes, you need the sandals :nuts: They come in beige and coral patent. I'm glad I decided on the coral, perfect for Florida!

The satin cabas was big, but it's a pretty bag. Jillian took the stuffing out of it and tried it on, and it was big on her. You're teeny, so it might dwarf you - but it's still very pretty :love:

purseaddict**

c'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've never been to a trunk show either and want to attend one day! Definitely sounds like a dream job, especially if you get to wear RTW. I wonder how much of a discount they get!