True red coming in spring?

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
Spoke with the SM and she told me that there's a true red coming in Spring. According to her, it doesn't have an orange or blue undertone and is the best red she has seen from Chanel. Can anyone confirm this?

No...all of my red conversations with SAs at the boutique and NM have been very confusing. I've put myself on the list for any true red that comes in...but haven't gotten any calls.

I hope your intel is correct!!! Fingers crossed!

did she mention classic or reissue? the red that i saw for spring pre-order from Penney was a reissue, which had a strong orange undertone. though note that advance pics show prototypes (for buyers), so possible true color might change during actual production.

I have seen 11c red as well and looked a bit orangey to me. As far as reds go 10c and 10p (chevy) were pretty fantastic :smile:. Imagining how could be "better"...

[If I were you I'd be really specific and follow up.... The list is usually in book on page of bag ordered. Z. Unless I am misunderstanding you. Or if Penney has then order from her. She's great. I just want you to get ur bag ;). The red is 11p so Jan thru may I think... GlQUOTE=mp4;17321451]No...all of my red conversations with SAs at the boutique and NM have been very confusing. I've put myself on the list for any true red that comes in...but haven't gotten any calls.

I hope your intel is correct!!! Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

I agree. I have seen the picture of the reissue and it def has orange undertones. As far as perfect "true red" 10C remains the benchmark as far as I can tell. The 11C patents are very nice though. Did your S/A tell you what leather?

She said that this is better than 10C caviar and 11C patent. She said that it is in the Spring Collection Act II which should be in stores around March. She didn't mentioned all the leathers been offered but she did say that she ordered a few in caviar so I put my name down for the caviar.

ETA: The other colours offered for Spring will be fresher and more fun as well. Since patent is for Cruise maybe these colours will be offered in caviar and lambskin.

Last edited:
Would love to see the true red caviar! Do you know which store ordered those??
I know Penny didn't....

I have the 10P(chevy) and 11C lipstick red patent, and I can say that 10P is more of a true red than 11C. 11C red patent has pinkish, blueish undertones to it....it's a very very pretty rosey lipsitck red, whereas 10P red chevy is a true red.

^ That's the one from Cruise. This red is from the upcoming Spring Collection in 2012.

tooshies, I'm from Canada so we usually get less inventories than you guys. The managers from each boutiques order their own stock for their stores.

I am also hoping that this shade of red would be the one as I love red but find it very difficult to find the perfect one for me.

Last edited:
i recalled someone posting pictures of red reissues in a thread...are those available for the spring??

can anyone direct me back to those pictures? I cant seem to find them...

missed out on the 10A...is the new red similar to the 10A red?

thanks

I Have yet to see or hear anything regarding an upcoming "True Red". Ohh, I hope so. Not even on the 2011 cruise collection. Maybe 2012? If so I'd liketo know too. None of my SA's at NM, Saks, Nordies or Chanel on Robertson have any insight on a True Red. All current Red colors thus far have some sort of undertone