True Confessions of a Belenista, My First Reveal

You are right, Moonfancy, they are such fun!

Update on my crystals, lost the other one yesterday, so I did a little surgery this morning (mustered up the courage, pressed forward and the repair was a solo, lol, as you may recall The Bead Monkey gal did my first replacement)

I love the color of the Peridot crystals against the fuchsia and dark grey glossy. To play devil's advocate, the only down side I can see to not replacing with the original hot pink is in case you would need to resell, but that will not be a factor, I will not be letting go of this one. I tried to take a couple pix in different light.

BEtags003.jpg

BEtags006.jpg

Walking down the stairs I thought, oh, this light is good, I'll snap another pix. Luckily I did not fall to my death, ha.
BEtags007.jpg

<<<I love the color of the Peridot crystals against the fuchsia and dark grey glossy.>>> ... <<<Walking down the stairs I thought, oh, this light is good, I'll snap another pix. Luckily I did not fall to my death, ha.>>>
BEtags007.jpg

LoveHandbags, risking life and limb for your fellow Belenistas is going too far! ;) That said, that last photo you took is by far the best (on my monitor, anyway)!! Love those peridots!

Question: I notice a number of ladies have recommended brushing clear nail polish on the crystals to secure them, but we all know nail polish peels. Has anyone tried Krazy Glue? That's colorless, isn't it? I wonder if it would be dulling. (Then again, not as dulling as a missing crystal.)

So does anyone have any thoughts re Krazy Glue or something that lasts longer than nail polish?

remy, LOL, can you stand it, and that picture was on the fly, you are so funny. Tumbling down would not have been a good thing (and more importantly it may have dinged up my crystal surgical work! Now that would have been tragic!)

ok, so at The Bead Monkey, I purchased a product called G-S Hypo Cement. It is safe to use with these crystals. I used that on the inside below the crystal before I placed it and then after it set, I used a dose on the top to. One swoosh this way and one swoosh that way to secure it (like I knew what I was doing, but it felt right at the time, lol). It is great stuff and dried clear.

After my test run and satisfied I didn't botch things up too terribly, I decided to "dose up" my other BE tags, I gave them a top coat on the top of the crystals to give them a little extra support. For the top dose I actually used a nail brush from a clear polish bottle, it worked great for the swooshing.

remy, an hour ago I purchased a Black Crash MMS Midi ! I am out of control. I just lovvvvvvvvvvve that Black Crash so much and the MMS is such a great handbag and it was such a great price.

It wasn't even an:angel:or:devil:on my shoulder moment. I have been searching lately and ready with an itchy trigger finger! Once I saw her, it was done in moments, LOL. Purchase complete.

Now what are we going to get for you??????????????? :devil:

Thank you finzup, I really appeciate it! You are such a BE guru. (In fact I thought of you when I just purchased my latest because it had just been listed and I purchased shortly thereafter, I thought to myself, "this won't even make Katie's new for sale list" I could almost here you benabling me to purchase it, LOL.)

Love this!!!! And the surgery was successful!!!

Lovehandbags, what are the size of the crystals in "mm's"?? I've measured mine which are approx 5mm

I use cubic zirconias in my glass beads and would gladly order 500 units of perhaps "clear/diamond" ones & gladly ship out to anyone who needs an extra should it fall out. Was thinking of ordering pink CZ's, but they're a pale pink and diamonds go with anything....yes?!!!

Contessa my dear, you are wise beyond your years, Diamonds DO go with everything! What a fabulous idea and very kind also. Your:heart:is true! I am glad you think the surgery was a success. Your experience and advice in this area has helped me, thank you.

The Peridot that you are looking at is the 4mm size. However, when I went to the store I brought my other tags with me and the crystals from my LM Mini (purchased from odebdo - bespoke was Fall '09) was 5mm in size. I am glad I had her measure both, because the newer crystals were a little bigger. Also the difference is on the metal part that surrounds my LMM, these is a kind of engraving in it that the others don't have. Hope that helps. You rock, thanks again!

Wow, LoveHandbags, what a great tip, and I just found it (G-S Hypo Cement) at Amazon! And OMG, a black crash MMS midi?!? Congrats!! :woohoo: Wish I knew how you did that. I checked *bay and bon* earlier today, and never saw that. Is there another place I (we all!) should be checking? Good goin', girl! :tup:

As for me... :lol: I'm THIS CLOSE to ordering a bespoke MMS in dark green pebbled. Torn -- torn, I tell you! -- between brass and silver. What jewelry do I wear, you ask? Gold or sterling, each about 50% of the time... Aaagh.

hey remy, I tend to be more of a silvertone hardware gal myself, but this is such a personal preference, I think anything will blend with what jewelry you will wear, I would just try to think what you like better with the dark green pebbled (yum!) and the lining you choose. What lining do you have in mind? And you can always start a new thread and get everyone's opinion, that is always very helpful.

I am constantly on Bon, and try to check the Bay as often as I can. I just happened to check first thing this morning (it was not there yet) and then by the time I checked again at around 12:30 my time it was there. I love checking in frequently to see what new listings there are, I love it a little too much, LOL.

You will love the MMS if you get it. It is such a great satchel. If you are anything like me, you will not want to ever zip it because the interior is so lovely and happily greets you with such loyalty. It is extremely lightweight too, at least with the leather I have. Hope your night is good!

My good behavior of not making a purchase in the Sample Sale was rewarded and I arrived home today to find my new-to-me BE on my doorstep. Oh the joy! It shipped out Saturday and arrived here today, unbelievable!
:heart:

MMS Midi in Black Crash
BlackCrashMMS002.jpg

BlackCrashMMS005.jpg

BlackCrashMMS006.jpg

BlackCrashMMS010.jpg

BlackCrashMMS023.jpg

BlackCrashMMS022.jpg