True Blood - Season 6

I really enjoyed this season. I felt the writing picked up in substance though it did feel rushed (10 total eps due to Anna's pregnancy). However, the finale was definitely LACKING and they spent a tad too much time on Terry's funeral.

I agree - compared with the mess that was last season, they did a much, much better job.

I don't understand the reasoning of killing Terry, the actor was upset about it so it wasn't him. They said they wanted to narrow down the storylines but then they've added Violet, the guy Jessica has befriended and the girl that Sam replaced Luna with (forget her name too).

The writer says before they had too many characters with separate storylines. He says now even though they've added new characters they are all apart of the same fewer storylines so they were still able to streamline. We'll see though.

Just saw the news that Season 7 will be the last - from ew.com:

HBO announced today that True Blood will end its run after seven seasons in 2014.

The final 10 episodes will air next summer.

“True Blood has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,” said HBO Programming President Michael Lombardo in a statement. “Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show.”
The sixth season of True Blood ended last month with an average gross audience of 10.6 million viewers per episode. The pay network says it remains one of its most popular series.