TRR shipped the wrong item and is not refunding me

Bubach

Think geek,wear pink
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some advice on a situation I'm currently dealing with. About two weeks ago, I purchased several items from TRR (five clothing items and a pair of Chanel shoes). They shipped them in three different packages. Three items arrived fine, but the other three (including shoes), which were supposed to be shipped together in a single package, did not arrive. Instead, I received a handbag that I did not order.

I have tried contacting them via chat, email, and phone. Every time I chat, I get the same response: "We escalated the case, and you will hear from us in 24 hours," but I never do. When I asked to talk to a manager, they closed the chat window.

I paid through PayPal, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I would like to return the bag that I did not order as well as two out of the three other items I received (since they do not fit me).

Should I return all of them together and ask for a refund for the complete transaction (minus the item I'm keeping), or do I need to file a SNAD claim for the bag I did not order and return the other two items separately? The return window for the other two items is closing tomorrow.

I'm concerned that if I do the latter, they will only refund me for the two items, and then PayPal will side with them since I've already received funds (albeit not the exact amount) and they will view this as a refund on SNAD item.

Thanks in advance.

The problem is that when I ask to speak to a supervisor, they just close the chat window. This happened once, I don't know if that is the standard practice or not.

Reactions: Hurrem1001
There is another option besides the chat window. Your issue is to complicated
to go via a chat window. Have you tried a text?
You want to call again & ask the customer service rep for a supervisor/manager

Be persistent. There is a way to talk to a live person because I have done it. The chat uses bots and you get a script response. So sorry this happened to you and good luck.

Thank you all.
I have tried calling, but the person was again reciting "give us 24 hours to review this case" and that was a few days ago. I haven't tried texting, will try that as well.

The funny thing is, it happened once before (during the pandemic) and they refunded me immediately back then. But the value of transaction was rather low, unlike now.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some advice on a situation I'm currently dealing with. About two weeks ago, I purchased several items from TRR (five clothing items and a pair of Chanel shoes). They shipped them in three different packages. Three items arrived fine, but the other three (including shoes), which were supposed to be shipped together in a single package, did not arrive. Instead, I received a handbag that I did not order.

I have tried contacting them via chat, email, and phone. Every time I chat, I get the same response: "We escalated the case, and you will hear from us in 24 hours," but I never do. When I asked to talk to a manager, they closed the chat window.

I paid through PayPal, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I would like to return the bag that I did not order as well as two out of the three other items I received (since they do not fit me).

Should I return all of them together and ask for a refund for the complete transaction (minus the item I'm keeping), or do I need to file a SNAD claim for the bag I did not order and return the other two items separately? The return window for the other two items is closing tomorrow.

I'm concerned that if I do the latter, they will only refund me for the two items, and then PayPal will side with them since I've already received funds (albeit not the exact amount) and they will view this as a refund on SNAD item.

Thanks in advance.
I usually text the CS number. If the case has escalated they sometimes take 48 hours for a response. Please don’t delete the case number they sent you. PayPal also has a dispute option if you feel it’s necessary.
I have had a couple of transactions escalate TRR has a process I have always been successful dealing with them.

Hi ladies,

Thanks in advance.
On Paypal, did you use a credit card? Maybe your issuer can help?

@Bubach, any updates?
Nothing yet. After 3 hours on the chat/text session, I managed to get a supervisor, only to be told the same thing – they have an internal team that needs to "investigate".

At this point, I need to get PayPal involved. I don't want my account to be banned, but between that and losing money on this transaction, I'd prefer the former.

I have had issues with their customer service in the past (items delivered in a torn box, chasing refunds, etc.), but I have never experienced this level of poor service.

I suppose so. I've never been in this situation before (i.e., being sent the wrong item and the merchant being uncoope

Well you have to start somewhere. You have images of the orders that were placed through TRR
They arrived in separate shipments & you received a handbag instead of shoes.
TRR needs to figure put who they sent your shoes to & if they have heard from that client
who received your shoes instead of a handbag.
2 of the 3 pieces of clothing need to be sent back so you need to do an RA for that
What was the value of the shoes vs the handbag? That's where the claim is going to be challenging
If TRR is doing an investigation I'd give them another day or so to resolve this as you don 't want
the window of return to go past the due day.
I'd call PP or your cc & find out what the protocol is in a situation such as this
TRR made the error & they have to credit you the amount that is due + the return shipping
Do you know the price of the handbag?

Reactions: Bubach
Just to update in case anyone has the same problem as I did: TRR finally refunded me. It took almost two weeks, several unanswered emails, and about 5-6 hours spent on calls, chats, and texts for them to issue my refund. The bag they sent me by mistake is still in my possession, but I plan to use the label their return system issued when I requested the return of the original items to send it back.

Thanks for all the advice and support!