Trout: Silky Snake or Large Grain

Plain_Jane_Too

Plain Jane
O.G.
Sep 30, 2005
Hello Ladies,

So I am ready to purchase a coveted handbag, been waiting for it. :smile:

Please help me decide, should it be an Oak Large Silky Snake Nappa or Black Soft Large Grain? Price difference is not bad. I would like to use the bag on a daily, go-to basis, weather in my area is chilly now but not rainy (well it rains or hard shower when it's winter, Mediterranean climate, I know, am spoiled), I wear a lot dark, black outfits, and the look I am going for is casual, smart chic not cheap trendy... no offense pease, just honest. :smile:

Please share pros, cons, opinions, ... thank you!!

Also I tried the Oversized Bryn before and didn't like how it looked on me, I am short and it just overwhelmed me. The trout is almost the same size but hopefully it's softer and not as structured?

Thanks again!

Oh I lurve the look of black large grain trout. I haven't seen them in real life yet so my opinion is based on the m.com pics. The silky snake IMO looks to fussy along with straps and plaque. I may change my mind once I see them in store but I doubt it as I'm not usually a lover of mulberry scaly leather. With other tpfers having concerns over silky snake bays & alexa I would be wary of buying, though their are a few who have perfect scaly specimens too.

But I'm in love with the black, definitely :smile:

Last edited:
Hi

I saw the oak ss the other day and it is beautiful, really eye catching.

I had a ss tillie which i gave to my mum after a while as you do have to be a little more careful with the leather, i ordered a ss bays in the sale and returned it as some of the scales were lifting.

My bays in flame (grain print) is much more durable and doesnt need babying as much, ive found the grainy leather comes up thicker and more sturdy, so might not be as unstructured as you are wanting (but i havent seen grainy trout bag so cant say for sure)

Im no help what so ever as id love other, but i guess its choosing between really beautiful ss oak and still beautiful but more hardy grainy print.

Which ever u pick id love a reveal :smile:

They're both lovely bags and I prefer the look of the ss nappy but would be scared about the scales lifting as well, therefore I'd say the best bet is the black soft large grain. I think peanut has one in black, it may be worthwile asking her how she finds it. I've got a vintage trout and it's absolutely great as it can withstand anything (heavy rain, cold temperatures) and the size is brill as well.

Attachments

• congo bag.jpg
    congo bag.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 755
Thank you for the responses! I am not much for babying my handbags, if so I won't use them as much, :sad:. So the Black large grain it is!

My SA from San Fran sent me these pic yesterday and I will be calling him to mail them please! So far I am so pleased with M CS!

Attachments

• image-2090391458.jpg
    image-2090391458.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 850
  • image-949820335.jpg
    image-949820335.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 819
  • image-2790647739.jpg
    image-2790647739.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 742
Plain_Jane_Too said:
Thank you for the responses! I am not much for babying my handbags, if so I won't use them as much, :sad:. So the Black large grain it is!

My SA from San Fran sent me these pic yesterday and I will be calling him to mail them please! So far I am so pleased with M CS!

Great choice, look forward to *seeing* it

Very pretty. Peanut has one so it might be a good idea to ask her.... I've seen the one in your pic IRL and it glistens :loveeyes: looks very hardy too. Great all rounder it seems x

Plain_Jane_Too said:

I think the black one is gorgeous! Good choice.

The leather looks lovely on this one, much more durable than the SS, more classic. :smile:

I been drooling over this one a couple of times in the store and you made a fab choice, The leather is lovely and there is a shimmer on it that is divine. Congrats to a great buy! :biggrin:

Did I hear someone say Trout?!

:P:P:P

Oh how I love my Trouty friend!

Pros:
Size - perfect, fits A4 and my ipad mini just slides into one of the front pockets so easily. When I need to squish a jumper in I can just move the buckles down a notch to accommodate.
Finish - the leather is excellent, smells right proper and deals with rain in a very stoic and British fashion.
Design - clever! Magnet pocket at the back, two front ones and the main bit. All useful. Strap is the right length and carry handle means I can use in arm crook if I'm being fancy. Crossbody is usually the way. The buckles also mean it's very secure. I'm so paranoid about having things stolen.

Cons:
Took me a while to get used to the push buckles.

Without a doubt the best Mulberry bag I've ever owned (and I've had LOADSSSSSS)

100% worth the money.

did i hear someone say trout?!

:P:P:P

oh how i love my trouty friend!

Pros:
Size - perfect, fits a4 and my ipad mini just slides into one of the front pockets so easily. When i need to squish a jumper in i can just move the buckles down a notch to accommodate.
Finish - the leather is excellent, smells right proper and deals with rain in a very stoic and british fashion.
Design - clever! Magnet pocket at the back, two front ones and the main bit. All useful. Strap is the right length and carry handle means i can use in arm crook if i'm being fancy. Crossbody is usually the way. The buckles also mean it's very secure. I'm so paranoid about having things stolen.

Cons:
Took me a while to get used to the push buckles.

Without a doubt the best mulberry bag i've ever owned (and i've had loadssssss)

100% worth the money.
like !