Trousse 28

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi,

Do all Trousse 28 have date codes, or were there a time some vintage ones were made without it?

2. It's in the inside pocket, just an imprint on the side by the seam.

3. Thxs . If anyone would know, I knew u would. I thought the same too as I was looking to purchase a preloved one and the seller said no date code as its vintage. That was odd to me. I requested the seller look again as she may have missed it cause as u said its imprinted and not colored.

4. Beware of the lining: it tends to peel because of the vuittonite. Mine is from 2006 and it's starting to crack in places. I have used it a lot though! Time to get a new one soon! 😝

5. Thank you for the heads up! Crack is whack! Lol. I thought the Trousse used the same lining as the TP. At least it looked that way to me.

6. According to my SA, the Vuittonite lining has been redeveloped to prevent excessive peeling and cracking (that we see in older items such as bucket bags, sacs plats OM, etc). I don't see any difference personally but I have had no issue with my newer items and only started to see cracking in my 10yo trousse 28.

7. Good to know. I hear also that some of the peeling can be caused if you leave ur toiletry bag in bathroom where it gets lots of warm moisture so I avoid doing this with my TP.
    On a positive note- ur trousse held up for 10 years! That's pretty good imo for an item that prob gets lots of use.