Trouble with Coach.com orders!

DulceKisses

Feb 27, 2007
Hello All,
Hope everyone is doing well. I recently purchased a couple of different bags (3 to be exact) in separate orders from Coach.com.
First bag (a bucket bag on sale) I ordered along with 2 purse straps shipped and when the arrival date came and never delivered, it updated the next day with a new tracking number and the bag arrived as anticipated.
Now I have two other orders that are just idling. One was ordered 8/7/2020. A Riley Top Handle 22 in colorblock and another bag strap. When I placed the order for the Riley I was informed it was on backorder and would ship 8/23/2020. No problem. Well, the strap shipped but no bag. And now it just says backorder with no date.
The last order was for the Riley Top Handle 18 in Peacock, ordered 8/17/2020. When I placed this order it advised it was backordered and would ship 8/28/2020. No problem, but, It has been in "processing" since I ordered 8/17/2020.
Before I start worrying myself, is this normal business practice for Coach? This is my first and possibly my last experience with Coach. I cannot get a hold of anyone on the phone and no return of emails.

I think it depends on the inventory of the items you purchased. Typically the later you purchase during the sale, the more backordering, etc, occurs. There is less inventory and sometimes people are able to make the purchase but they might have sold more than they actually had. I am not sure if this is the issue you are having, but it could be.

I think it depends on the inventory of the items you purchased. Typically the later you purchase during the sale, the more backordering, etc, occurs. There is less inventory and sometimes people are able to make the purchase but they might have sold more than they actually had. I am not sure if this is the issue you are having, but it could be.
I agree. The more I research this the more it seems like this is the case. You would think a company like Coach with handbags upward of $8100, would really get this worked out. Or add reliable software. Its ridiculous that Im reading about this same issue dating back as far as 2016.
I appreciate the input. Thanks

Reactions: Alexa5
Unfortunately I would say your chances of actually getting them are slim. I've had this happen to me a few times and after I called to get a status they ended up saying, sorry there are no more and cancelling the order. This was not during this sale, but a previous one. I don't even attempt to order bags that say low quantities or backorder anymore because I have just not had good luck. You could definitely try calling though and seeing if they can track you down one somewhere. I really hope you do get them though and maybe my experiences were just bad!

Unfortunately I would say your chances of actually getting them are slim. I've had this happen to me a few times and after I called to get a status they ended up saying, sorry there are no more and cancelling the order. This was not during this sale, but a previous one. I don't even attempt to order bags that say low quantities or backorder anymore because I have just not had good luck. You could definitely try calling though and seeing if they can track you down one somewhere. I really hope you do get them though and maybe my experiences were just bad!
Oh no! That is just wrong. It shouldn't be a crap shoot whether or not you will get your order. I have never in my 40 years of ordering (and I shop a lot, lol) experienced this, so its a little baffling to me how Coach continues to let this happen.
Oh well. I will update if anything changes.

When I used to login into my Coach account, all my orders were listed as processing (even those delivered a year or so ago!) :lol:

It was also different depending on whether I logged in on the Coach and Coach outlet sites (some of the orders were listed both places, some only listed one) :amuse:

So unless a CS rep tells you your order status maybe don't panic yet? The last charm I ordered took a really long time to arrive because there were only a few left in stock.

It's nice that I have always been able to reach CS via phone without a million menu options, but kinda sad that the inventory/computer system seems to be such a mess (like no refunds with PayPal only Coach gift card, no free shipping returns) compared to other companies where all these things are worked out.

Good luck!

Reactions: DulceKisses

When I had orders cancelled pre-covid due to low inventory I got the email within a day or two. Haven't done any ordering recently on these items to say if that has changed.

A member here suggested that I txt them (didn't know about the texting feature). I did, and was told so far everything looks good.
The Riley 22 colorblocked is still on backorder with no est. ship date at this time.
The Riley 18 peacock is processing and should be shipping soon but they did not have a ship date.
I was given the option to cancel or continue to wait. I chose to wait on both. I just wanted some kind of clarity. Fingers crossed, I will update if any changes.

I have also experienced a few problems with ordering off the coach/coach outlet websites over the past few months. I had a coin pouch I order that was "processing" for weeks. I finally reached out and they said there must not be any more, so they cancelled the order (makes me wonder if it would have just said "processing" forever if I never reached out?). I also purchased a rouge that was "processing" for about a week and then they just cancelled the order out of nowhere, claiming it was out of stock. Sometimes when I order something it will ship super quick in like 24-48 hours, other times it takes a week or so. It's honestly so random and each purchase experience is different. I hope they can get things a little more uniform in the future. Either way, I'll keep shopping Coach because it's worth it for the quality and prices.

A member here suggested that I txt them (didn't know about the texting feature). I did, and was told so far everything looks good.
The Riley 22 colorblocked is still on backorder with no est. ship date at this time.
The Riley 18 peacock is processing and should be shipping soon but they did not have a ship date.
I was given the option to cancel or continue to wait. I chose to wait on both. I just wanted some kind of clarity. Fingers crossed, I will update if any changes.
My Riley 18 Peacock order recently changed status from Backorder to Processing. Fingers & Toes crossed for both of us! :tup:

My Riley 18 Peacock order recently changed status from Backorder to Processing. Fingers & Toes crossed for both of us! :tup:
Thats so awesome! Thanks for the update. Looks like they received their Riley restocks. My Riley 22 Colorblock finally shipped today! It went from backorder to shipped. I just got the shipping email a moment ago. Greatful.
Yes! Definitely wishing us both luck on the Peacock Riley 18.

UPDATE: Both bags have officially shipped! Riley Top Handle 22 colorblock shipped yesterday and Riley Top Handle 18 peacock shipped today!
Like someone else mentioned, Coach.com order experiences are all over the place and no two are a like. I would be careful or plan ahead when ordering for a specific time sensitive event like, birthdays, Christmas gifts, etc. Especially during a sale.
Im greatful with the outcome as I truly didn't expect to receive either one.
I will post pics as soon as I open them for my YouTube video unboxing. Thank you all for your input and experiences.
Stay kind and safe everyone. :wave:

Hello! Wanted to order runner shoes from coach outlet, it was showing 1 pair of my size left in stock, when I called to order over the phone, they said it was out of stock and website takes some time to update the inventory. After 2 days I checked the website and all sizes was in stock, so I called again hopping they restocked it, but they said they do not have this item in stock at all. Did someone had same issue before?

Not sure if anyone has the same experience. A couple months ago I was able to place order over the phone for some bag that was out of stock but will come in later in the next couple weeks. So they keep my order for like 30 days once they get the style I ordered they will ship out. But today I called in again and I was told I can place order only for item that show up at coachoutlet.com. they won't do inventory check.

Is there anyone experience the same thing? Or maybe they allowed me to placed order the first time due to covid?

I placed an order for a bag of which there 2. As I attempted to login, etc, it went down to one. It looks like I successfully submitted the order. I did not get a confirmation email right away, however. Then I got an email saying that my order was delayed. I could click through from the order number and I could see that it was in process. When I did a search, it said the order didn't exist. So I probably didn't get it. I would just rather it tell me they were all sold out. I've been lucky with some other bags. I might not get this one. No big deal. Just hope they don't hold on to my money.