Trouble letting go ?

I know how you feel - whilst I have sold a few bags, it's nearly always linked to another purchase - still doesn't stop me regretting it though, espec with one or two bags I've sold in the past.

Just rehoming one at the mo, but it's going to a friend, so don't feel as guilty, as I'll still see it (listen to me, sentimental old fool or what?)

How intriguing - I need to know what it is :nuts:

It's a mabel - I know many tpfers are fans but.... as I said, love/hate!
I always carry my bags on my left shoulder, so the zip is at the "wrong end" for me....
....yes I knew that when I bought it....
....yes I thought I'd manage....
....but it still gets on my wick!

....and then I took her for an outing over the summer (meeting up with Lady F) & thought this is a great bag.... confused or what?! :shrugs:

It's a mabel - I know many tpfers are fans but.... as I said, love/hate!
I always carry my bags on my left shoulder, so the zip is at the "wrong end" for me....
....yes I knew that when I bought it....
....yes I thought I'd manage....
....but it still gets on my wick!

I have the same concerns, Wulie. I can see its a practical bag, but the tag at the back of me would bother me a lot!

At least you are not fickle like I am slow. I fall out of love suddenly and totally and when it happens I have to get rid of the bag in question as quickly as possible. I'm also fussy and irritable so little things annoy me. The good thing though I'd that I raise funds to buy more bags so can afford something new more often with no outlay. I've also found that the bags that have survived more than 6 months are definite keepers.

It is a great bag Wulie....

I know, but unused since... just as well I don't have a "cost per wear" spreadsheet - even though I am an accountant!

Is that something you've considered Slow? or is it more the emotional attachment to your bags? (which is clearly what's keeping mabel in my wardrobe!)

At least you are not fickle like I am slow. I fall out of love suddenly and totally and when it happens I have to get rid of the bag in question as quickly as possible. I'm also fussy and irritable so little things annoy me. The good thing though I'd that I raise funds to buy more bags so can afford something new more often with no outlay. I've also found that the bags that have survived more than 6 months are definite keepers.

lol you sound like me!

I nearly cried when I let my printed bays and red Mabel go but as I didn't use them, I couldn't see the point of hanging onto them. I'm so happy that the people who bought them love them and will use them.
If you are not using them slow, let them go and find something you will love.
I've actually found a near perfect collection ( for me) of just 9 bags, everyone which has a use. I'm sure I will want more bags next year but nothing that I really need

I'm like you Slow.

I recently tried to rehome the first major Mulberry that I ever had, but ended up backtracking when I compared recent models I'd seen instore with the luscious Darwin leather. I don't have the heart for it!

I wish I could be ruthless like some ladies on here! I tend to hold on to all sorts of stuff in case it will come in handy/because it's good quality/because it cost £xxx.

I could have written Lola's post. She took the words right out of my mouth. I though I could never ever part with any of my Mulberries. But then I retired and realised that I had to be much more careful where and how I spend my money. No salary to replace cash spent any longer. So, I found that in order to buy a new bag I had to sell one to at least meet some of the cost. It means I have to want the new bag far more than the one I'm selling and i don't regret any I've sold so far. Like you Slow I have several of the same style because I find it works and I love it but along comes another style that suits me more and they start to be replaced. Some of my Roxys have made way for Alexas and I'll probably be down to keeping just the Darwin ones in the end. I'd never looked at other designers bags either until I saw CF Chloe at Bicester and what an eyeopener that's turned out to be. I've taken the plunge and am enjoying the change. So go for it. It's worth it. Really :smile:

I know what you mean Wulie about the Mabel. My first was a chocolate Phoebe and I thought I could never let her go. I never used her because I found access difficult. Eventually she went and I haven't any regrets whatsoever.

Last edited:
That's what I decided recently Teddies. Any new bags would be justified by getting rid of old ones. So if I really want something new a sacrifice will have to be made. It also means no real cost outlay as well. It's the thrill of a new bag without having to fork out the money!