Trouble choosing my first Dior bag

My First choice would be the second bag. I like the fact that even though you can see the design it’s very subtle. Not in your face and not that common like the first one.

second choice Is the third one. I really like the fact that’s all leather! It looks very high end

let us know what you end up with!

That’s the same thing why I thought about that design and why I included it. I really love the Dior canvas texture but it gets on my nerves the staining.

I think I will end up with the leather one and get a canvas passport holder or canvas card holder just to get the Dior canvas for my collection. Do to Covid in my country, the stores are still closed for now so I hope to go soon.

Does somebody have photos of wear and tear on the Dior canvas?

Thank you all for the responses!

Here are some vintage Dior bags with the same logo tapestry canvas from Ebay (see the links below). Given the age of these bags, the canvas is in amazing condition. There is the rare case where there is a bit of fraying at the corners, but that comes from years of abrasion on the corners, and some people don't experience that at all. The men's Saddle also doesn't really have corners that point out at the bottom due to its shape, so you may not experience that at all.

Would you say that the canvas resembles denim?
It is much thicker than denim, but I guess the most reasonable comparison would be denim since they both feel rough to the touch.

The thickness of the Oblique canvas makes the men's Oblique Saddle look "puffier" than the leather one, so it sticks out more when worn on the body than the leather one.

Here are some vintage Dior bags with the same logo tapestry canvas from Ebay (see the links below). Given the age of these bags, the canvas is in amazing condition. There is the rare case where there is a bit of fraying at the corners, but that comes from years of abrasion on the corners, and some people don't experience that at all. The men's Saddle also doesn't really have corners that point out at the bottom due to its shape, so you may not experience that at all.

Thank you! Will look this, really thank you for the links

Reactions: averagejoe
I think I will end up with the leather one and get a canvas passport holder or canvas card holder just to get the Dior canvas for my collection. Do to Covid in my country, the stores are still closed for now so I hope to go soon.

Does somebody have photos of wear and tear on the Dior canvas?

Thank you all for the responses!
I know I said the leather (last one) before but I went into the store and took a look at it. It doesn't look as luxe as the second one. My boyfriend ended up getting the second and I absolutely love it!

Ooh, I’ve got a ladies saddle bag already in the black oblique and love it but I think if I can save up I’d be tempted to the black leather saddle too.

I would describe oblique as being a tapestry like texture rather than denim. It’s not quite as smooth all over as denim- you can feel the stitches.

Hi! Updating y’all… after many things happened since asking you. I finally got my hands on my new saddle bag in black leather and black buckle. And because I love the jacquard I also bought a vertical wallet!
Thank you all for helping me choose!

Attachments

• 2A7AE90C-0F88-4D37-B79C-8E9B223C0481.jpeg
    2A7AE90C-0F88-4D37-B79C-8E9B223C0481.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 89A914CC-D0A5-4881-8313-D10AE9E70376.jpeg
    89A914CC-D0A5-4881-8313-D10AE9E70376.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: fibbi and 880