Trouble apparently comes in threes.

KayMomto3

Jun 3, 2007
After hundreds of positive problem-free eBay transactions my luck seems to have run out with my last 3 purchases:

1: Bought a leather jacket that was described in the title and the description as a small. Turns out they send me a medium and they don't have another one. They said to return, but won't pay shipping either way. What should I do? Should I just go ahead and file a Not as Described? Is there eBay policy on refunding shipping when it is the sellers mistake? How should I respond to their offer? Frankly I don't want to be out $30 (15 there and probably the same back) for their mistake.

2: Got a great sweater on 11/28 and seller sent me the tracking number. The seller is now NARU and the tracking has not been updated (not even marked as accepted) and the estimated delivery date has come and gone (Dec 3-5). Do I just file an INR?

3: Another sweater -this one is just annoying. The item was described as NWT and "never worn" - the cuffs are dirty and stained and there is pilling on the sleeves and inside, so if she didn't wear it someone else did! I have not heard back from her yet so I am just venting here but...

After hundreds of positive problem-free eBay transactions my luck seems to have run out with my last 3 purchases:

1: Bought a leather jacket that was described in the title and the description as a small. Turns out they send me a medium and they don't have another one. They said to return, but won't pay shipping either way. What should I do? Should I just go ahead and file a Not as Described? Is there eBay policy on refunding shipping when it is the sellers mistake? How should I respond to their offer? Frankly I don't want to be out $30 (15 there and probably the same back) for their mistake.

A decent seller who made an honest mistake would refund her buyer in full. A buyer shouldn't be out any money for the seller's mistake.

Since the seller isn't refunding you, you'd be better off if you file SNAD through ebay. Sometimes ebay will send you a prepaid shipping label for the return so you won't have to pay return shipping. And when the item is shown as having been delivered, you'll get a refund of your full original payment, including shipping.

Even if ebay doesn't cover the return shipping and that's at your expense, you'll still be better off than the seller's offer to you.

And this seller will have earned a neg for her mistake and lack of appropriate handling of the error.

2: Got a great sweater on 11/28 and seller sent me the tracking number. The seller is now NARU and the tracking has not been updated (not even marked as accepted) and the estimated delivery date has come and gone (Dec 3-5). Do I just file an INR?

File INR, include tracking showing non-delivery and include that seller is now NARU. I believe the seller can still respond to the dispute even though NARU, but unless d.c. is proven, you'll win the dispute.

3: Another sweater -this one is just annoying. The item was described as NWT and "never worn" - the cuffs are dirty and stained and there is pilling on the sleeves and inside, so if she didn't wear it someone else did! I have not heard back from her yet so I am just venting here but...

Since she hasn't responded, file SNAD and include a direct link to photobucket pictures showing the soiling and pilling on the item that was described as NWT.

Responses to each problem above.