Troika? Anyone own a piece?

I think I saw a bag like this in boston, and saw at broad street a troika bag but i don't remember what style it was. maybe kelly? and it looks pretty and very unique but for me it doesn't work at all. i guess i am afraid i won't be able or want to wear it in spring or summer. but, the one posted in this photo is gorgeous.
attachment.php

Babies? TWO babies? Did I miss an announcement?

And you're right - I DO have Kelly on the brain - I did actually know it was not a Kelly - just can't think of anything else right now.

LOL India, I totally understand! Been there! And yes--two babies on the way (God willing & the creeks don't rise, as they say in the south).

Icechick, I don't think DH would appreciate the suggestion of naming our kid after The Hot SA. :roflmfao: Especially since DH got a little catty the other night, saying "well, my God, I expected him to be a lot better looking than that". Ha!! As if.

Those fuzzy ones are the shearlings, I believe. Made from sheared lamb. I know a lot of people hate them, but I'm fond of the Noisette Shearling Kelly. Maybe it's because I've grown up in a cold climate.

The troika is evergrain for the top and handle, and calf hair for the body.

You had it right on, Encore Hermes. I think there are three versions only: Blond/Ebene (I don't know the real name of the blond color though), Chocolat/Ebene, and Black/Noir. The leather, I believe, is actually evercalf, though, not evergrain. It has less of a grain than evergrain, I noticed when I was carrying my evergrain Birkin and looking at a Troika HAC recently.

No worries! I just wanted people to know in case they had a strong preference for one over the other.
BTW, I found that evercalf seems to show marks a lot more than evergrain, actually--even tiny scratches showed up on the bag I saw, which is totally not the case with evergrain which can just be rubbed and it's nearly good as new. I was surprised because it seemed a lot more delicate than I would have expected.
It would not matter on certain styles of Troika bag (like the Jige) but on a Kelly, Birkin or HAC I think it's something to take into consideration.