Trip to Wall Street & Madison Avenue

preppycowgirl

Boots and Birkin!
Aug 22, 2006
Hi all! So, I made my Fall pilgrimage to NYC yesterday to see my dear friend from grad school... She is SO sweet, she knows I love H and was more than willing to take me to the Wall St. AND Madison Ave boutiques! (And, of course, my other fav...Tod's). :yahoo:

So, I was standing in front of the window staring dreamily at the Kelly....and I see someone waving out at me....
Ah, yes....you KNOW that I want that Kelly...:drool: Wave me in...let me BUY her!!! :love:

But alas, it was just my former SA that transfered to the Wall Street boutique! "HELLO!" I say. :flowers:

Attachments

• WallSt_KB.jpg
    WallSt_KB.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 114
  • WallSt_KB2.jpg
    WallSt_KB2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 180
I asked about the Kellys in the window... "Are they for sale, dear SA?!" They are both gorgeous! (The Kelly pochette looked like black epson...very nice!)

Alas...I was told they try not to undress the windows...and she knew that I didn't want gold h/w anyway. But I had to ask... :shame:

That said, the doggy in the window trick DID work at Madison!! :yahoo: Stay tuned...

Attachments

• WallSt_KP.jpg
    WallSt_KP.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 201
I didn't get a Kelly at Wall Street...but I did get the "doggy in the window!" Or, a glass case in this instance! :woohoo:

Meet my new puppy...

Attachments

• Puppy.jpg
    Puppy.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 59
Next we moved on to the Madison boutique...which had the most gorgeous windows!!

Attachments

• Madison3.jpg
    Madison3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Madison2.jpg
    Madison2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Madison_KB.jpg
    Madison_KB.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Madison1.jpg
    Madison1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Kelly_Madison.jpg
    Kelly_Madison.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 88
I really wanted to try the new Hermessence...Brin de Reglisse. It was awesome! The Hermessence Collection is quite different and Jean-Claude Ellena DID NOT disappoint with his latest. And of course, I had to get some samples to take back with me. :yes:

So, I looked at the scarves...no Kermits to buy. :sad:

Then I tried on some bracelets...no luck. :sad:

Then we walked around...the RTW was simply gorgeous. But, I needed to be good. :nogood:

Then we decided to leave.... :sad:

WAIT! What's that in the window?! :nuts:

Is it....no, it can't be...

YES, it is!!! :woohoo:

It's the belt that I have been dreaming of...

I didn't get a Kelly at Wall Street...but I did get the "doggy in the window!" Or, a glass case in this instance! :woohoo:

Meet my new puppy...

Its very cute! But before you move on uptown, can you tell me...do you know which brown color the kelly bag in the window is? I am not a gold hardware person either so I am not interested in that particular bag, but Im interested in something that color.

Its very cute! But before you move on uptown, can you tell me...do you know which brown color the kelly bag in the window is? I am not a gold hardware person either so I am not interested in that particular bag, but Im interested in something that color.

I'd hate to get it wrong...Seton?? Are you there? Can you tell?

I want to say Clemence...but it wasn't "slouchy..." It was a "grainy" bag though. :yes:

I'd hate to get it wrong...Seton?? Are you there? Can you tell?

I want to say Clemence...but it wasn't "slouchy..." It was a "grainy" bag though. :yes:

It looked like togo to me (I walked by the window on Saturday) but the color mystified me. It appeared to be marron fonce or ebene - but I didnt think either was available in togo, though. It looked too dark to be chocolate.

I found the closest SA...

I NEED that belt in the window! :nuts: Can I please see it??

"No, I am sorry...but we have one in gold." WHAAA???? :wtf: No, I AM sorry...that just doesn't work for me. :boxing: I REALLY want to see that belt...please...

"I will need to get a manager. I cannot undo displays."

YES, please, get the manager.... :angel:

It looked like togo to me (I walked by the window on Saturday) but the color mystified me. It appeared to be marron fonce or ebene - but I didnt think either was available in togo, though. It looked too dark to be chocolate.

I don't think it was dark enough to be ebene... But, again, still learning my leathers/colors... ;)