TRIBECA: help me decide!

alatrop

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Good evening, ladies! I know I want a Patent Tribeca SOMETHING, I just can't fully decide. At first I was drawn to the Shoulder Bag, but now i'm not so sure.

Do you prefer the Tribeca Shoulder Bag or the Tribeca Tote? I'm thinking the Tote might be a bit more classy/polished in the long run and I want something that won't end up looking dated. I'm also afraid that my stuff might get a bit jumbled in the Shoulder Bag due to the slouch? I'm a girl who likes her purse innards (haha :nuts:) to stay in their places.

Pros/cons of both? Help!

Well... FYI, the patent tote is a "floppy" bag so that kind of makes it even with the shoulder bag's slouchiness. But TBH, I think you have pretty much answered your own question on what you think and prefer. If you like the tote better, get the tote. Just make sure you try the bags out first if you have a Coach near you ;)

Oh a few more things... The shoulder bag doesn't look any less classy or polished IMHO. It's probably just not everybody's favorite shape since it's a little too boxy. On top of that, if you want something a little more timeless, I think you are better off getting it in black leather instead of the hot pink or berry patent. The gray patent is alright but I'm just not too sure about that one :lol:

I have the black leather shoulder bag and love it! Personally, I don't like the way that the tote zips at the top. You have to put the 2 pieces of the zipper together like a coat, way to annoying when you just want to get your bag closed. And, I like how it slouches, the tote is too stiff for that.

I have the Tribeca E/W berry patent tote and love it. It's easy to get into and the contents stay organized. The purple color is really striking especially since it is a patent.

Me too! There's also the gray patent like someone else mentioned if you want a more neutral color. You have to order it though because it's on the Coach Japan site.

When I tried them on in store, the shoulder bag was too small IMO. I'm only 4'11" too and my sis said it looked like a small bag. Plus the totes have a longer drop, which I like better. The totes are larger and if you decide to get the E/W version, it's the same price as the shoulder bag, but your get more space for your buck. If you have a little more to spend, the N/S tote is awesome.

I have the tote in the navy & black and love them. I didn't care for the hobo style on me. I don't have a problem with the zipper on the tote as I don't unzip the whole thing. I highly recommend the tote. The berry color is just gorgeous.