Tri zip mac from sample sale

Monterra

O.G.
Apr 8, 2012
Today my tri zip mac arrived. Just happened to check out the sample sale pages and saw this... snagged it right away, since I'm a big fan of the mini mac I've been using a lot.
(Not too quickly though, had time to register for the newsletter for the discount!)

Also included is comparison shot of the tri zip and the mini mac. They're different kinds of leather, the mini mac is softer and naturally it's been used a lot, while the tri zip is more shiny and maybe stiffer and smoother in a way. I hope it will break in nicely.

Attached are a few unwrapping photos and a a modelling pic (it really doesn't look THAT big on me even though I'm small...)

Oh and price was 242$ with postage and taxes included, so about 177€

Also received some spares of the hanging leather strips!

Attachments

• IMAG1790_1024x613.jpg
    IMAG1790_1024x613.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 358
  • IMAG1792_460x768.jpg
    IMAG1792_460x768.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG1793_1024x613.jpg
    IMAG1793_1024x613.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMAG1795_460x768.jpg
    IMAG1795_460x768.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG1796_1024x613.jpg
    IMAG1796_1024x613.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMAG1800_1024x613.jpg
    IMAG1800_1024x613.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 358
Today my tri zip mac arrived. Just happened to check out the sample sale pages and saw this... snagged it right away, since I'm a big fan of the mini mac I've been using a lot.
(Not too quickly though, had time to register for the newsletter for the discount!)

Also included is comparison shot of the tri zip and the mini mac. They're different kinds of leather, the mini mac is softer and naturally it's been used a lot, while the tri zip is more shiny and maybe stiffer and smoother in a way. I hope it will break in nicely.

Attached are a few unwrapping photos and a a modelling pic (it really doesn't look THAT big on me even though I'm small...)

Oh and price was 242$ with postage and taxes included, so about 177€

Also received some spares of the hanging leather strips!
Thanks so much for the pix! I love this bag!! I've been thinking about getting this bag - not sure which color. How are you liking it? How does the strap length compare to your mini mac? Are all the pockets functional on the front?

Well I just ordered two different colors - black and pale grey (couldn't decide on color)- from amazon to see which I like better. They are returnable for free. I'm liking the size of it so hopefully one of them will work out (I wouldn't keep both).

Thanks for the great pics Monterra!

Well I just ordered two different colors - black and pale grey (couldn't decide on color)- from amazon to see which I like better. They are returnable for free. I'm liking the size of it so hopefully one of them will work out (I wouldn't keep both).

Girl you and I have such similar tastes in bags! What's say we move close and shop each other's closets :graucho:

I literally put a black tri zip in my RM cart for like three days and just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I must be gunshy after just buying two other bags! I actually do need a black crossbody, I like the full-size MACs better (I have a mini and it doesn't fit what I need) and the tri zip pattern is just so rocker chick COOL. The large zip pocket on front goes all the way down. If it's still on RM.com in a few weeks I may just have to do it! :lol:

Thanks for the great pics Monterra!

Girl you and I have such similar tastes in bags! What's say we move close and shop each other's closets :graucho:

I literally put a black tri zip in my RM cart for like three days and just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I must be gunshy after just buying two other bags! I actually do need a black crossbody, I like the full-size MACs better (I have a mini and it doesn't fit what I need) and the tri zip pattern is just so rocker chick COOL. The large zip pocket on front goes all the way down. If it's still on RM.com in a few weeks I may just have to do it! :lol:
haha you look familiar!!! :lol: Luv it!

Not to be an enabler or anything ... they are on sale on amazon for $222.00 + an extra 20% that ends tonite (well I just saw it up there! haha) and free shipping and returns! That's what I'm talking about! That way if it doesn't work I can ship it back w/ no issues.

Not to be an enabler or anything ... they are on sale on amazon for $222.00 + an extra 20% that ends tonite (well I just saw it up there! haha) and free shipping and returns! That's what I'm talking about! That way if it doesn't work I can ship it back w/ no issues.

Ooh ... how do I get the extra 20% off? I added it to my cart and it said $221.25 still. Tried to use that coupon code but it said ineligible :*(

They're currently $198 on RM.com plus I have a 15% off code plus e.bates 4% ... but that's final sale and with shipping (I hate shipping!). Though I bet once I have it in my hands, I'll want to keep it!!!

Last weekend e.bates had 15% off RM.com ... should have jumped! Would've been $168 total!!

ooooh I'm waiting for this in the post! should be another week or so before I get it
I got it because I found the 5 zip mini too small as well, and the Hudson moto mini was a bit heavy & structured for me - I like a bit of rummage room

Ooh ... how do I get the extra 20% off? I added it to my cart and it said $221.25 still. Tried to use that coupon code but it said ineligible :*(

They're currently $198 on RM.com plus I have a 15% off code plus e.bates 4% ... but that's final sale and with shipping (I hate shipping!). Though I bet once I have it in my hands, I'll want to keep it!!!

Last weekend e.bates had 15% off RM.com ... should have jumped! Would've been $168 total!!
Well the coupon code expired 5/21, but I was still seeing that was eligible when I posted last night. Bummer :sad:. Amazon does those 20% off codes regularly (usually order over $100) on some RM bags. I've gotten some really good deals when the bag is on sale plus the 20% off! I kinda just wait it out till I can get a good deal. I'm all about good deals! I like to be able to return my bags and with free shipping. They don't always work for me so I need to have that option, especially if it's a bag I've never tried on before (like this one).

Well the coupon code expired 5/21, but I was still seeing that was eligible when I posted last night. Bummer :sad:. Amazon does those 20% off codes regularly (usually order over $100) on some RM bags. I've gotten some really good deals when the bag is on sale plus the 20% off! I kinda just wait it out till I can get a good deal. I'm all about good deals! I like to be able to return my bags and with free shipping. They don't always work for me so I need to have that option, especially if it's a bag I've never tried on before (like this one).

Oh well! I'll keep my eyes out for a new code - maybe another will pop up for Memorial Day? I didn't even know Amazon did sale codes :lol: so thanks for the heads up! Being able to return bags and free shipping is key.

Update about the use, I love the size, it fits a lot of crap inside, though the only con side is that since the strap is not too wide, it digs in a little bit into your shoulder when heavy. But that is the fault of the user (since she stuffed too much stuff there!), not the bag. ;)

Oh well! I'll keep my eyes out for a new code - maybe another will pop up for Memorial Day? I didn't even know Amazon did sale codes :lol: so thanks for the heads up! Being able to return bags and free shipping is key.
The 20% off amazon code is back! Unfortunately it isn't for the tri-zip, but there are other bags it counts towards if you're interested. code = SANHAN14 . It'll say if the promotional code applies. You can get some really good deals with the item is already on sale plus the 20% off. That's what I'm talking about!!! :woohoo:

The 20% off amazon code is back! Unfortunately it isn't for the tri-zip, but there are other bags it counts towards if you're interested. code = SANHAN14 . It'll say if the promotional code applies. You can get some really good deals with the item is already on sale plus the 20% off. That's what I'm talking about!!! :woohoo:

Awesome! Unfortunately I am now fixated on the black tri zip and nothing shall deter me :lol: If only RM.com would have a free ship promo for their sales merch — I would snap it up in a heartbeat since it's both cheaper to start and I have a 15% code there!