Destined to be a classic?

• Berkeley

• Trevi PM

• Both will be classic LV bags

Results are only viewable after voting.

gwen10

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Hi all! I could use some advice, please. I bought my ebene Berkeley yesterday, and while I do love it, think it looks very much like my damier Speedy 30. The Berkeley is very similar in size and shape to the speedy 30, IMO. I own five speedies, including the damier. I am thinking about trading the Berkeley for the Trevi pm. This will be my last purchase for a while and I really want another classic damier bag. Are both the Berkeley and Trevi destined to be classic LV bags? Or do you think one is more classic than the other? TIA!

I like both bags but I am taking the Trevi PM over the Berkeley anyday!!!!

The Trevi PM is beautiful. When I went to the store to check out the size and feel of the bag, I immediately fell in love!!!!!

Now waitlisting and I cannot wait to get it! :love:

I went to see the Berkeley yesterday. I had been waitlisted forever and was so excited - until I saw it. I have a Damier Speedy too (although if I ever manage to get it back from my college age daughter it will be a miracle! - It's also a 25 and I would love a 30). I actually like the Damier speedy better than Berkeley and was so surprised I felt that way. The Berkeley is very big and "boxy" and has so much going on with it. I just didn't love it and sadly didn't buy it. I kind of liked it in Azur, but don't want that much vachetta and I don't care as much for Azur in any case.

I absolutely love the Trevi - even though it's very heavy from what I understand. That bag is growing on me by leaps and bounds! (I wasn't sure I loved it at first).

I might have liked the Berkeley if it wasn't so big and boxy, but it just didn't do anything for me when I saw it IRL and isn't nearly as femine as the Trevi. The Berkeley looked like a mini suitcase to me - like a keepall with belts and plaque. While it's kind of a cute look, I didn't love it for a purse, KWIM?

Get the Trevi!

Where in the world is everyone finding these 'Berkeley' bags.

They are not listed on ELuxury or the L.V. web site, and I have never seen one in my closest L.V. store.

Must be a well kept secret.

Baggers

Thanks for all the input. I just called my store and waitlisted for the Trevi PM. I am first on the list for it. Has anybody heard anything about when the next shipment of Trevi PM will be arriving? I want to look at the Trevi IRL before returning the Berkeley so I can compare the two bags. I bought at a Saks LV so I have 60 days to return/exchange. Poor Berkeley is just sitting all alone in her dustcover in my closet.

I love how the Trevi has a pleat and has both handles and a shoulder strap. I have also been WL'd for the Berkeley for a looooong time and I am going to check it out today, but I am also afraid it looks like luggage.