Trevi information please

Aug 14, 2007
Hello everyone

Although I have been a member of this forum for quite a while, I have never ventured into the LV subforum. However, I have fallen completely in love with the Trevi PM. I have tried it on in the store off and on for the last year and just can't get over what a perfect bag it is for me. Yesterday, I was extremely close to buying it but chose to walk out instead.

I know that I WILL buy this bag and fully intend on doing so. The only issue is that I can't bring myself to spend that much right now as I am kind of paranoid on shelling out that much money. SO I have vowed to purge my collection of all of the bags that I do not use on a regular basis. I have 6 bags that I can get rid of as well as some clothes. I am planning to save up that money specifically for the bag purchase instead of delving into my bank accounts.

My question is...will this bag still be around while I save specifically for it? Is it part of the permanent collection or is it one of those bags that once it is gone, it is gone. If it will be discontinued, then I will buy it now but if not, I really prefer to save for it. Can anyone let me know? Thanks so much!

The Trevi is a permanent part of LV's collection; it isn't a limited edition bag. That's one of the pros of LV--they don't change there styles every year and only discontinue when a bag's style is really dated (the Monceau for example). The only con to not purchasing now, though, is that LV has prices of 2-5% increases every so often for various reasons. By not purchasing now, you might be victim to one these increases. I'm not saying that there will be a price increase in the near future, but from experience, this time of year (February-April) is price increase season. But with the economy with the way it's going, who knows what LV will decide to do with thier pricing.

I know what you mean about spending that much on a bag. It's my most expensive one (so far!) but it was a wonderful purchase that I have absolutely no regrets on!

Thanks so much for all of your help ladies. I am going to photograph all of my stuff tonight. I am going to give myself a few weeks to sell my bags and then I will be headed straight for LV and that Trevi! I will post pics for you when I get my dream bag!

It's a little heavy but I'm sure you'll get used to it after a while that you won't even notice it! I got mine for xmas and the first few times I've noticed the weight when I carried it(with my stuff), but it's such a beauty I just adore it!

And it is permanent and you shouldn't wait too long since the price increase really sux!

The weight depends on the load you carry. I tend to stuff my bags, and it's heavy when I use it handheld, but I usually wear it with the shoulder strap and it's not bad at all.

I've lusted after this bag for soo long and regret not getting it last year because the price went up a couple hundred dollars here =/ I finally got it last month and it's my first LV and I love it to bits! I have mine stuffed to the brim and I don't think it's that heavy either since I like using the shoulder strap. Def no regrets and it's just one of those wardrobe staples :smile: