Trevi GM in a casual, SAHM kind of way?

hgbag

Leather LVer
O.G.
May 20, 2008
Ok, here are the bag requirements:

-could accommodate a 15" MacBook
-can hold my wallet, cles, pochette
-versatile enough to wear to the grocery while in my workout clothes, to a PTA luncheon, or to a dinner out with friends
-MUST be shoulder carry
-must have comfortable straps

I visited the boutique recently on a mission for damier ebene. I really fell for the Trevi. I don't think I had ever tried it on before because...well, I don't know why to be honest. :confused1: In any case, I really like the bag, but I am concerned that it is too dressy for a SAHM. In the summer, I usually wear cropped pants and tanks and in the fall I usually wear jeans and some variation of a black t-shirt and scarf. Somehow the Trevi seems to demand something more...fancy??

I also had the Totally PM and loved the comfort, but found it too small. So, I am thinking about repurchasing it in the MM size. It is comfy, LOVE the smooshy, saggy bottom, the pockets, but....it lacks a certain snazziness, eh? If it were in ebene, I know I would have already purchased it.

I believe that the new Rivington GM will be too small, and the Cabas Rivington will not have a zipper top, so that likely eliminates it from the list.

Thoughts??

Dec 19, 2008
I have the Trevi PM. I'm 18, so I don't dress super fancy since I'm usually in the types of outfits that you described. Jeans, dresses, cardigans, whatever.. I think Trevi looks great with casual clothes, if I wore something dressier, I'd take an Alma instead!

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
I think it fits all you rneeds. I am not sure if it will fit the mac though. Have you tried? Other than that I think it will go with your lifestyle. I am a SAHM and almost bought one. I think they are so cute. I didn't just because I found it a little heavy for me. However if that doesn't bug you I say go for it.

hgbag

Leather LVer
O.G.
May 20, 2008
I do like the Hampstead, but it doesn't zip, so that is a problem. I think if they still made the GM, it could be a contender. I will definitely try it on again, though, because I do like the side snaps.

Bagladee

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
I bought the Trevi GM about ten days ago and LOVE it!!! I had been thinking about the bag for almost a year and finally took the plunge. I am a SAHM and have a very casual lifestyle and although this bag is quite structured, it works for me. I think you would love it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3195.JPG
    IMG_3195.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 245

hgbag

Leather LVer
O.G.
May 20, 2008
Thanks for all the input friends, keep it coming! I did find the Trevi to be very comfortable and not too heavy....I think the wider strap works for me much better than the thinner straps on the NF, for example.

I appreciate the suggestions for the Palermo and Delightful, which I will really consider. But I think I am really feeling the damier......