Trendy cc or M/L classic flap for first chanel bag??

Jayray1990

Jan 22, 2020
Hi all,​
I can't decide on whether to get a black medium caviar classic flap or small black trendy cc as my first chanel purchase. Of course I adore the classic style, but I love the top handle of the trendy. Would really want it for day to night use, which is why I'm not fussed for a jumbo atm.

My dream bag would be a beige clair medium classic, but even on the preloved market I'm finding that hard to come by! So in the meantime deciding between these two.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hi all,​
I can't decide on whether to get a black medium caviar classic flap or small black trendy cc as my first chanel purchase. Of course I adore the classic style, but I love the top handle of the trendy. Would really want it for day to night use, which is why I'm not fussed for a jumbo atm.

My dream bag would be a beige clair medium classic, but even on the preloved market I'm finding that hard to come by! So in the meantime deciding between these two.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Have you tried both on? To me a lambskin bag is so much more luxurious than a caviar bag. I would go for the trendy since it’s more versatile. I have lots of classic flaps but tend to wear my coco handle (and I just purchased a trendy that has to be shipped to me from another location today) so much more often than my classics, I think because it’s easier to just grab with the handle.

I had this same dilemma and went back and forth for about two years. I ended up buying the Trendy but returned it. I felt that I needed the classic flap as it’s an iconic bag and will never ever date or be something that I would get sick of. However, I couldn’t get the trendy out of my head, so a week later I went back and re-purchased the trendy i’d returned so now I have both and am so happy. I must point out that the Trendy is not a carefree bag due to the design and the lambskin, so I’ve not used it much so far. On the other hand, the classic flap in caviar is a lot more worry-free and I’ve used this a lot casually.

Reactions: Jayray1990
Will the trendy become a classic? I feel it has more potential than - for example - the Gabrielle? I have only classics, but have been eyeing the Trendy for a few seasons now, and I must say I really like it. It has a very classic feel to if, almost vintage granny chique. But from an investment perspective the classic is the safest bet.

Will the trendy become a classic? I feel it has more potential than - for example - the Gabrielle? I have only classics, but have been eyeing the Trendy for a few seasons now, and I must say I really like it. It has a very classic feel to if, almost vintage granny chique. But from an investment perspective the classic is the safest bet.
It’s priced like a classic so I think so. I think the shape and style are so timeless as well. I would stick to regular quilting and shiny hardware (not ruthenium) if you’re looking for a long term bag that’s not trendy (lol since that’s its name).