Trends winter 2006/2007

Dani said:
The trend I'm totally loving right now, are leggings underneath a micro-mini jean skirt. I know it won't be hot for long, so I'm getting good use out of my black pair. :smile: It's really popular here in FL, but when I went back home ( boston) for break, everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I sported them. :-P

Anyone else have interesing ( possibly localized) trends?

girls have been doing that here for about a year or so now. in fact, maybe even longer. i'm not so sure i'd call it trendy over here, just functional.

I've had Uggs for a few years now, and I love them on a very cold or snowy day. It gets me through my 7 block walk from the Metro to the office. They may not be all that attractive, but as far as warmth goes, they are lovely.

Dani said:
The trend I'm totally loving right now, are leggings underneath a micro-mini jean skirt. I know it won't be hot for long, so I'm getting good use out of my black pair. :smile: It's really popular here in FL

Where in FL? That for sure is NOT the trend in miami. I've only seen that trend on TV :nuts:

Over here in Sweden I've seen girls with leggings and SHORTS! Like the shorts in plaid patterns that goes to the knees.. It's UGLY!! :sick: Shorts and snow do not go together, sorry..

ILoveCoach said:
Where in FL? That for sure is NOT the trend in miami. I've only seen that trend on TV :nuts:

Tampa- but I've seen it in jacksonville ( girls who work at abercrombie.) Not too many people do it, but it's sooo cute.

I've heard Miami has a crazy fashion scene- I'd be interested in what you guys think of as trendy!

Dani said:
Tampa- but I've seen it in jacksonville ( girls who work at abercrombie.) Not too many people do it, but it's sooo cute.

I've heard Miami has a crazy fashion scene- I'd be interested in what you guys think of as trendy!

wow, never seen it in Orlando. then again, I don't get out that much, and when I do, it's with more of 'scene kids' if you know what I mean.

I have like five pairs of UGG boots and then the clogs, too. I LOVE them! They are the most comfy things to ever go near my feet. I have bought them for my husband, my son, my mom, and my mother-in-law. And I will wear mine forever...even if they are ugly!

The classics are a size large. I wear an 8.5 in most boots, sometimes a 9 and I wear a 7 in the UGG classic short. In the Sundance series I wear an 8. If you can find them on sale, scoop those babies up!

i have no problem with the leggings and mini skirt deal. actually i wore that once over a year ago and i got crazy looks. now, a lot of girls are doing it but they don't know how and it looks TERRIBLE. seriously, they need help!!

uggs are here to stay. comfiness/functionality > style.

Mariah said:
i have no problem with the leggings and mini skirt deal. actually i wore that once over a year ago and i got crazy looks. now, a lot of girls are doing it but they don't know how and it looks TERRIBLE. seriously, they need help!!

uggs are here to stay. comfiness/functionality > style.
hi, I like the leggins and mini skirt thing and I'd love to try it . I see that you find the look terrible on some girls. Any suggestions of how to make this look ok wolud be really appreciated:smile:

dia said:
hi, I like the leggins and mini skirt thing and I'd love to try it . I see that you find the look terrible on some girls. Any suggestions of how to make this look ok wolud be really appreciated:smile:

jmo, but i think the leggings look the best when they cut off not too far below the knee. some girls wear pant-length leggings and then also wear boots which i think looks terrible. but i'm not here to control what everyone else wears! wear what you think looks good on you! :amuse:

Mariah said:
jmo, but i think the leggings look the best when they cut off not too far below the knee. some girls wear pant-length leggings and then also wear boots which i think looks terrible. but i'm not here to control what everyone else wears! wear what you think looks good on you! :amuse:
hey , thanks for the tip, I agree with you on the length

I don't think Uggs will ever be completely out of style because they're so useful. I personally don't like the classic Uggs, but I think the Wilshire and Sunset designs look good. I like the sleek looks better.

helenNZ said:
hehehe, attached is a pic from the beach on 31 dec 2005! :biggrin: summer in dec??? hehehe! this is how it is on the other side of the world! you guys should come down! :biggrin:
Helen, is that Mount Maunganui? I used to live there! I miss New Zealand.....