Trench quality issues?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

So I bought a London trench a month ago on the burberry website. I haven't worn it yet in this cold weather, but I discovered a rip in the lining in one of the sleeves. Has anyone experienced this? As it has been a month since the purchase, does anyone know if the store will cover/repair this?

Thanks in advance.

2. (oops, I double posted - how do I delete this?)

3. That's awful; I'd take it to a store or call customer service about it. Seems unusual. My trench has taken heavy beatings and still functions very well.

4. You can always take a Burberry coat back to alter/repair it according to my SA (might cost money though). When I bought mine, I was told that there's a 6 month warranty on it. Take it back, they should be able to help. :smile:

5. I bought a trench for my husband (Made in England as well). He wore it a few times and then noticed that the pocket linings coming undone. I looked at the rest of the jacket and it looks fine, though I notice that the stitching is not as tight and even as it is on my wool toggle coat which I purchased several years ago. I don't know whether the quality is declining or whether their wool products are better than their cotton products, etc.

Each item has a 1 year warranty against defects, so definitely go back to the store!

6. Thank you everyone! I'll go down to the store this weekend. I hope it doesn't affect anyone else. :smile:

7. Just to update - I brought it down to the store. They will hem it. The problem is there isn't very much fabric at the seems, so it came undone.