TRENCH Coat !! Long & Short?!

Minnie

O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
I love the way trench coats look and with the current weather in NEW YORK unseasonably warm I think a trench coat with be great for fall and spring!! I want to look at a variety of trench coats, Long and short, expensive and not expensive I would love to see your recommendations!!
Thanks in advance!!:heart:

Minnie, I've been looking at trench coats too lately. I think it is a wardrobe staple. I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in a Burberry. I figure it never goes out of style so I might as well buy a good one. Since I am petite I am going to get a shorter one. I find the longer ones overwhelm me. I am going to get a black one. I think black is a little dressier than the tan so I can get away with wearing it at night sometimes too. What have you been looking at?

I think short as well because I am petite! I have a lot of black jackets so I was thinking that I would go for the lighter beige (tan) look! Can you send me of the short burberry tan one! Thanks

I have this trovata one that i wear a lot. Get lots of compliments on it. It's short. At standardstyle. 20% through tomorrow (today I guess).
trov_wapp_nadjacrptnhbwn.jpg

I really like this one too. Also trovata. At activeendeavors. 20% off with toutie or thankyou.
AED15188a.jpg

This is a mara hoffman one I like. It's a little different and it looks really light. Also activeendeavors.
AED14625a.jpg

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but this one's from Karen Zambos. shopbop.
karen1004712408_347x683f.jpg

Even at my age, I knew that Burberry made the best trenches, and got one last year... Ever since, it's been in regular rotation here in London. It's the perfect thing I can throw on top of a tee or sweater and wear with jeans. Check out Balenciaga, Burberry and Versace. They've got the loveliest trenches, and the colours are so rich and vibrant!!

I have been mulling the question of buying a trench coat over in mind as well. I'm thinking I'll get a rain coat to go with my Pucci rain boots -- as we have a lot of rainy weather here. I definately think I'm going to choose a Burberry!

I love the way trench coats look and with the current weather in NEW YORK unseasonably warm I think a trench coat with be great for fall and spring!! I want to look at a variety of trench coats, Long and short, expensive and not expensive I would love to see your recommendations!!
Thanks in advance!!:heart:

Alice + Olivia Drop Waist Trench - shopbop.com

Yeah ! Minne what's up with this crazy weather here !?? Anyway I heard snow is on its way :confused1:

Anyhoo, I love this trench by Alice & Olivia, I think short trenches are sexy :shame:

just did a quick search for trench (on sale) at saks, neimans and bergdorf online. here are the results.

i personally own ralph lauren and theory trenches and they fit a petite frame well. i also saw a nice one at gucci if you want to spend more.

Attachments

• neiman1.jpg
    neiman1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,158
  • neiman2.jpg
    neiman2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,146
  • bergdorf1.jpg
    bergdorf1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,697
  • bergdorf2.jpg
    bergdorf2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,181
  • saks.jpg
    saks.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,317
OO:huh:O Kat really??? How are the prices? Thats sounds like its worth a trip there!! HmMMm do you know which ones, can you post pics up cause its actually pretty close 1 hour drive not to bad from new jersey!!