TRENCH Coat !! Long & Short?!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love the way trench coats look and with the current weather in NEW YORK unseasonably warm I think a trench coat with be great for fall and spring!! I want to look at a variety of trench coats, Long and short, expensive and not expensive I would love to see your recommendations!!
    Thanks in advance!!:heart:

2. Minnie, I've been looking at trench coats too lately. I think it is a wardrobe staple. I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in a Burberry. I figure it never goes out of style so I might as well buy a good one. Since I am petite I am going to get a shorter one. I find the longer ones overwhelm me. I am going to get a black one. I think black is a little dressier than the tan so I can get away with wearing it at night sometimes too. What have you been looking at?

3. I think short as well because I am petite! I have a lot of black jackets so I was thinking that I would go for the lighter beige (tan) look! Can you send me of the short burberry tan one! Thanks

4. I have this trovata one that i wear a lot. Get lots of compliments on it. It's short. At standardstyle. 20% through tomorrow (today I guess).
    [​IMG]
    I really like this one too. Also trovata. At activeendeavors. 20% off with toutie or thankyou.
    [​IMG]
    This is a mara hoffman one I like. It's a little different and it looks really light. Also activeendeavors.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if this qualifies, but this one's from Karen Zambos. Shopbop.
    [​IMG]

5. Even at my age, I knew that Burberry made the best trenches, and got one last year... Ever since, it's been in regular rotation here in London. It's the perfect thing I can throw on top of a tee or sweater and wear with jeans. Check out Balenciaga, Burberry and Versace. They've got the loveliest trenches, and the colours are so rich and vibrant!!

6. I have been mulling the question of buying a trench coat over in mind as well. I'm thinking I'll get a rain coat to go with my Pucci rain boots -- as we have a lot of rainy weather here. I definately think I'm going to choose a Burberry!

7. Alice + Olivia Drop Waist Trench - shopbop.com

Yeah ! Minne what's up with this crazy weather here !?? Anyway I heard snow is on its way :confused1:

Anyhoo, I love this trench by Alice & Olivia, I think short trenches are sexy :shame:

8. Thank you everyone!! Yeh Prada its insane!! But i like it warm!! I don't want it to snow!! Its such a hassle!!

9. yeah its def trench weather here. i want one too. i think mid thigh is good

10. I love the mara trench!

11. just did a quick search for trench (on sale) at Saks, Neimans and bergdorf online. here are the results.

i personally own ralph lauren and theory trenches and they fit a petite frame well. i also saw a nice one at gucci if you want to spend more.

neiman1.jpg neiman2.jpg bergdorf1.jpg bergdorf2.jpg saks.jpg
  12. If any of you ladies are in the NY area I know the Burbury outlet at Woodybury Commons had trench coats both long and short.

13. OO:huh:O Kat really??? How are the prices? Thats sounds like its worth a trip there!! HmMMm do you know which ones, can you post pics up cause its actually pretty close 1 hour drive not to bad from new jersey!!

14. Randr I love theory and theory jackets they fit my frame great!! Where do I find a theory trench??