Trench coat help please! What's your take on the detachable warmers??

Hi ladies!
Would you offer your advice or opinion about the black button-out quilted warmers in trench coats? I ordered an Ivybridge without and with the warmer, and now feel conflicted about which to keep!

The Ivybridge without the warmer seems to fit more sleekly, especially around my torso. BUT, do you think I should keep the coat with the warmer because it's, well, warmer and I'll get more wears?

Basically, how much of a difference does a warmer make? Is it only my imagination about the warmer making the coat fit pouffier at my waist, or can others tell as well? (I'm currently living in the relatively balmy weather of San Francisco, but I might move to colder climes in a few years.)

What's your take? Thanks for your help! :smile:

I just bought the constance with the warmer and it's amazing how warm it makes the coat. I was able to wear it in 30-40 degree weather and it kept me very warm. However, the material seems to "stick" to things, if that makes sense. I like the coat better without it because it seems to hang nicer, but I like knowing that I have it if it's cold. If I was paying full price, I'd get it without and save the money. The biggest reason is that it feels bulky with the warmer. Luckily I got mine on sale, so with the warmer - it was only a bit more than the constance without, so I'm still glad I have it as an option.

I bought the Ivybridge without the warmer. I have warmer coats and if it's cold enough to need the added layer, I would choose a different style. The added layer on the Ivybridge looked to bulky to me, but the thin Ivybridge is perfect for most of the year and the lightweight is exactly what I think looks great about a trench.