Trench coat during winter?

Well I have a raincoat (not exactly trench style but a longer coat type) that I wear mostly when it's rainy in the winter (San Diego, like Tucson doesn't really get cold). I wear mainly to work (office) and get lots of compliments on it. But if I wasn't working and dressed all the time the way I do on weekends, I probably wouldn't get much use out of it.

Honey, it won't make you look OTT if you wear a trench coat in winter. I lived in London, and almost EVERYONE wore trench coats. It's fantastic unbuttoned or buttoned up and belted up. There's so much you can do with trenches. Go get one!!!

^^ sounds good! I love trench coats and I wear them with jeans or dress slacks...over sweaters or t-shirts. They are just so classy and timeless but also casual too...what's not to love?

I have a couple of trench coats. One is in a fun pink and brown plaid. It's traditional styling, but off-beat colors.

My very favorite (of course!) is my Burberry!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a trench can be fun or more traditional. You can also personalize with a scarf too.

oooh...I wear my Ben Sherman baby blue trench all the time!! I think trench coats look super posh with skinny jeans and great flats!

and like Leelee said..they are fun. Mine come with punk buttons already!!

I have a gray trench coat and I just ordered this one from Kohls in dark purple. It was only about $8 after codes! I wear them with jeans and ballet flats or kitten heels. Its a great way to make a casual outfit look more chic!

282583_Black

I had to get on for the OC winter :smile: Having come from Ohio . . . I never had much of a chance to wear them as you NEEDED a down coat in the winter (along with snow boots, gloves, hats, scarves, etc).