Treesje - You have GOT to try these!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
So I was at Nordstroms tonight. The main reason for my trip was to return a Junior Drake which I got online that was damaged when I got it. I already bought a Gustto & a Gryson bag - so I wasn't intending on exchanging that bag. Just a simple return to get my money back.

Well, first of all they had a bunch of sale bags. Nothing really caught my eye (except a nice looking Lockheart bag that was 50% off!). So I figured I was safe.

I browsed around a little bit, checking out all the new bags for spring/summer. All I was doing was looking, until.... I cam up to a display of handbags right next to the Gustto bags. Nice shapes and designs, and the leather was simply heavenly. I then noticed that these weren't Gustto as I first suspected, but rather a newer line of bags called Treesje.

I started looking at the bags and handling them. OH MY GOD! The leather on these bags is softer than a baby's bottom!!! And that's not even the best part - - the price of these bags is less than $500!!!!!

A couple of styles caught my eye, but it was the color of this one group that really got my attention. It's called Butter and yes, that's exactly what it looked AND felt like! The leather on the bag must be washed, cause the color is uneven and looks multi-tonal. I picked up one, then another, then another trying to figure out which one had the best looking color and feel to the leather. Since I was exchanging a $250 handbag, I thought, "HHmmm - it'll only cost me about $150. Why not try one?

So, I ended up with a bag they call the Hayden
http://www.treesje.com/

My only complaint about the bag is that they don't have feet on the bottom. But the salesgirl tells me that I can have their repair guy put them on for around $10. I figured I'd take some time, try the bag out and see how I like it before I commit to that. If I decide to keep it, I think I will definitely have feel put on the bag. The leather is so soft, I wouldn't want to take a chance of damaging the bottom by setting it down.

If anyone has the chance to check these bags out, definitely do it. There are several styles & colors to choose from, and because of the type of leather they use, every bag is different. There was a chocolate brown one in the style I got, and it looked & felt completely different than the one I got.

I will try to take pics tomorrow and add them to my post.

Whoa! Those are NICE! Never seen them before but I'm liking them a lot! Hmm...a trip to Nordie's is definitely in my near future. :party:

And I never knew that Nordstrom could have someone put feet on the bottom of a bag. They do everything, don't they? :love:

that Lotus bag is kinda cool. The salesgirl said that it's actually one of the popular sellers. It sort of reminds me of an Anna Corina the way the top folds down & over when you use the shoulder strap. What I didn't like about that bag was that the main zipper opening wasn't very wide, so the inside of the bag isn't very easily accessible.

The Hayden (the one I got) is perfect. The lining's nothing fancy (just a plain white/ivory nylon w/multiple pockets), but it beats Gustto, and it's the outside that really sells these bags.

OK - here a few pics. The coloring looks a little more yellow in these pics (i think it's my camera). The bag's got sort of an antique looking color to it. I'll see if I can't get better pics tomorrow in the sunlight.

This bag definitely makes me want to :drool:

Attachments

• tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 151
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 124
  • tree3.JPG
    tree3.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 101
:nuts: I love your bag! The pockets and the knot detail makes it stand out.

How is the lining? I would add the metal feet...

Thanks for sharing the pics!

I tried to take a pic of the lining but because it's white, it didn't come out too good. Maybe in natural light (or sunlight) I can get a better one. The lining is a nice & thick white nylon with a gold colored TREESJE nameplate and nice thick, gold tone zipper on the inner pocket. On the other side, there's a cell phone/PDA pocket that's nylon with a patch of the same leather as the outside on the front (it's actually a little odd looking). It's not the greatest lining, but IMHO it's nicer than Gustto's, esp the inner zipper (I was shocked at the flimsy zipper pull on the inner pocket of my Gustto Setela!). I am very impressed with the bag, esp for the price!!

I like all those pockets! How does the middle pocket work...the vertical one in the center...is it an entry into the main cabin of the bag or is it another pocket behind the two front pockets?

Thanks for sharing those pics!

I like all those pockets! How does the middle pocket work...the vertical one in the center...is it an entry into the main cabin of the bag or is it another pocket behind the two front pockets?

the vertical pocket in the center is an actual working pocket. when you open the zipper, the pocket opens to the right, behind the right front pockets. Its stitched on the left side, so it's only open one way. I guess it could be used as a "secret" pocket (keys, money, small items, etc), but I imagine it's more decorative than practical. But it does have lots of pockets, and the way the handles attach to the bag itself is a gorgeous feature of this bag. I'm so happy with it!:yahoo:

the vertical pocket in the center is an actual working pocket. when you open the zipper, the pocket opens to the right, behind the right front pockets. Its stitched on the left side, so it's only open one way. I guess it could be used as a "secret" pocket (keys, money, small items, etc), but I imagine it's more decorative than practical. But it does have lots of pockets, and the way the handles attach to the bag itself is a gorgeous feature of this bag. I'm so happy with it!

^ Well, I have one of those ruffle bags you don't like;) Mine's the Treesje Garden bag & the leather is divine. Here's a stock photo of it.

%7B4D95C174-C877-4CB9-BFE8-AB7925F31176%7D_Garden-Coffee.png

Congrats Iluvmybags, great bag! It's always fun to find a new line to be excited about!

I love this, especially the strap/buckle detail. I've only ever seen the ruffled ones in person, I agree the leather's nice but I was never so wild about the styles. The Hayden is definitely more to my liking, congrats!