Treesje Mortale clutch or tote...questions

Sassy RN

Aug 6, 2009
I'm looking to get one of these, (if I can find it). My inner "rocker" really want's one.. I have not seen one IRL. Anyone have any opinions about this collection? Good or bad, I'll take any information.

The Tote is cool and pretty big which is nice if you have a lot of stuff to carry around. I've seen both at the LB store.
www.lunaboston.com/Browse/Handbags/Designers/Treesje.aspx
They used to have the clutch but it seems sold out because it's very popular. I liked both the black and the cream colored one. The leather on the Mortale stuff is very durable in that it's not thin so you don't have to worry about being rough with the bag.

If you have never owned a Treesje clutch they are pretty big and roomy. I have two but they are Metro clutches ( Electric Blue & Fuchsia) If you'd like to see them if are shown in my purse photo album if that helps... Good luck! .

I think the Mortale collection is really cute! It's like a chance to unleash your inner rebel/goth teen. :rochard:

There have been a few comments about some Mortale items having a strong chemical smell, though, probably due to the embossing treatment used to get the skull patterns in the leather. I'm still awaiting my first Mortale piece (the pouch) from the Ideeli sale, so I can't speak from personal experience yet, but chemical smells on treated leather usually fade after airing the bag out.

As for the clutch vs the tote, I think it really depends on what you may find more useful! The clutch (different from the pouch) is definitely still large enough to fit most essentials, I think, since it's the same shape and size as the Metro clutch, but you probably won't have room if you carry way more stuff, and there's no strap too. The tote seems highly usable, but may not be suitable if you're going out for a concert or to a club. What kind of usage are you looking at?

The Tote is cool and pretty big which is nice if you have a lot of stuff to carry around. I've seen both at the LB store.
www.lunaboston.com/Browse/Handbags/Designers/Treesje.aspx
They used to have the clutch but it seems sold out because it's very popular. I liked both the black and the cream colored one. The leather on the Mortale stuff is very durable in that it's not thin so you don't have to worry about being rough with the bag.

If you have never owned a Treesje clutch they are pretty big and roomy. I have two but they are Metro clutches ( Electric Blue & Fuchsia) If you'd like to see them if are shown in my purse photo album if that helps... Good luck! .

Thanks for your input....;)

I think the Mortale collection is really cute! It's like a chance to unleash your inner rebel/goth teen. :rochard:

There have been a few comments about some Mortale items having a strong chemical smell, though, probably due to the embossing treatment used to get the skull patterns in the leather. I'm still awaiting my first Mortale piece (the pouch) from the Ideeli sale, so I can't speak from personal experience yet, but chemical smells on treated leather usually fade after airing the bag out.

As for the clutch vs the tote, I think it really depends on what you may find more useful! The clutch (different from the pouch) is definitely still large enough to fit most essentials, I think, since it's the same shape and size as the Metro clutch, but you probably won't have room if you carry way more stuff, and there's no strap too. The tote seems highly usable, but may not be suitable if you're going out for a concert or to a club. What kind of usage are you looking at?

I'm looking for more of an everyday bag/clutch. I don't actually own a clutch. I usually carry larger bags, but i'm looking to try something different. I also have not found a site that is carrying the tote at this time, so I may have to wait.