Treating metallic bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am sure this has been covered here before, but what should you do to preserve a metallic bag? I bought a copper Zoe, and I want to preserve the finish as best as I can.

I tried a search, but didn't use the right buzzwords.

Thank you.

2. I would spray it with Apple guard rain and stain protectant - I have used this on many types of bags and it will not harm most leathers - it will turn the leather darker but it will lighten back up and it also has a bad smell that will be gone in about one day.

3. Thanks, I've never seen that product but will look for it when I go out.

4. Where do you buy this Apple rain guard and stain protectant? I really want to coat my metallic Peyton (thread above about how the metallic finish on one TPFer's bag is wearing after only two light wearings--! :s). Thank you for your help in preserving my baby! Right now I almost feel wary of using it.... :wondering

5. ^Leatherstuff.com. Hth!

6. ^^Yep...or Burlington Coat Factory if you have one in your area.

7. Thanks so much! You girls are Godsends. My metallic Peyton thanks you, too, btw. ;)