Treat Yourself: Birthday Edition - Chanel v LV?

ashooz

O.G.
Jan 20, 2013
So here's the deal, I just celebrated my 27th birthday and sold enough of my contemporary bags and received enough birthday cash to treat myself to a new bag.

I'm completely torn between two completely different bags. The Chanel WOC and the LV Neverfull. Chanel is my favorite in the history of fashion, and the WOC is something I know I'll wear forever, but probably more for fancier occasions. On the other hand, the neverfull carrys a ton, will also last forever and is more casual for every day use.

As I write this, I'm parked outside of Saks. There's also a Neimans which also has Chanel. I'm going to see what WOC's they have as I definitely want caviar with silver hardware.

So I guess my question is this: If you had to pick- would you pick the Chanel WOC or LV Neverfull?

I'm ready to treat myself!

I know this is a Chanel forum and the WOC is a classic, but realistically, I have used my Louis Vuitton Neverfull EVERY single day compared to all of my other Chanel bags. I have the Chanel grand shopping tote as well and no other bag compares to how often I use my neverfull. It really is an every day practical lightweight bag that holds your life but still remains light. I will guarantee that you will not wear the WOC as much as the neverfull just because the WOC does not hold anything other than your credit cards and some cash. Just my opinion from my personal experience. WOC retain it's value longer, but if I'm gonna pay that much for a bag, I might as well buy one that I can get the most uses out of:smile:

I know this is a Chanel forum and the WOC is a classic, but realistically, I have used my Louis Vuitton Neverfull EVERY single day compared to all of my other Chanel bags. I have the Chanel grand shopping tote as well and no other bag compares to how often I use my neverfull. It really is an every day practical lightweight bag that holds your life but still remains light. I will guarantee that you will not wear the WOC as much as the neverfull just because the WOC does not hold anything other than your credit cards and some cash. Just my opinion from my personal experience. WOC retain it's value longer, but if I'm gonna pay that much for a bag, I might as well buy one that I can get the most uses out of:smile:

+1, in the Damier ~ I'm always a little puzzled by the WOC craze, it doesn't hold anything other than $/cc's..

I say neverfull I have one and that thing is a tank !! Love it to death ! I also love my chanel medallion tote which hold a lot as well but for everday life I would go neverfull hope that helps xoxo !

I'm not a big LV fan anymore but my Neverfull is probably the most useful bag ever! It's my go-to travel purse because of the size. I can usually fit my macbook pro, essentials (wallet, keys, phone, etc), chargers, toiletries, hair straightener and even a pair of shoes. I had one strap snap because it caught on a pole but a quick trip to the LV store and it was good as new.

Neverfull. For the price you get a very versatile bag, plus a pochette that can be used as a wristlet, plus 1k left over. I think the WOC, while adorable, is best for grocery store runs, and when you are carrying a separate bookbag/tote with you. They barely even fit my car keys.