Treat leather before it cracks...

ninfea

Feb 27, 2016
I have an older model LV bag and the leather is quite stiff. I'm worried if I don't treat the leather soon it will crack. How do you do with your bags? What do you use? Any recommendations?

I have an older model LV bag and the leather is quite stiff. I'm worried if I don't treat the leather soon it will crack. How do you do with your bags? What do you use? Any recommendations?

What kind of leather? Is it a soft leather? I am curious to hear the thoughts on this because when I just bought my first empreinte bag they told me do not condition. I asked if I should after a year or two of use and she said do absolutely nothing. I was a little surprised by that.

Reactions: ninfea
What kind of leather? Is it a soft leather? I am curious to hear the thoughts on this because when I just bought my first empreinte bag they told me do not condition. I asked if I should after a year or two of use and she said do absolutely nothing. I was a little surprised by that.

Yeah, that sounds strange. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this...
It's a vintage bucket monogram bag. It has a band of brown letaher aross and the rest of the bag is monogram leather. It looks like this: https://www.tradesy.com/bags/louis-vuitton-shoulder-bag-12892633/?tref=sim_items

I actually had a bloomsbury that cracked in multiple places. I believe it was defective though because LV exchanged it out for a new purse.