Treat leather before it cracks...

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have an older model LV bag and the leather is quite stiff. I'm worried if I don't treat the leather soon it will crack. How do you do with your bags? What do you use? Any recommendations?

2. What kind of leather? Is it a soft leather? I am curious to hear the thoughts on this because when I just bought my first empreinte bag they told me do not condition. I asked if I should after a year or two of use and she said do absolutely nothing. I was a little surprised by that.

ninfea likes this.
  3. Yeah, that sounds strange. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this...
    It's a vintage bucket monogram bag. It has a band of brown letaher aross and the rest of the bag is monogram leather. It looks like this: https://www.tradesy.com/bags/louis-vuitton-shoulder-bag-12892633/?tref=sim_items

4. I use Apple brand conditioner for my vachetta. Can be brought on Amazon.

ninfea likes this.
  5. + 1 Applegard. I've used it for over 10 years. Back before the purse forum, it was recommended by My Pochette, the old LV authentication website.

ninfea likes this.
  6. Mink oil!!!! That's what an SA @ LV recommended for dry leather:smile: (vachetta)

ninfea likes this.
  7. ninfea likes this.
  8. I actually had a bloomsbury that cracked in multiple places. I believe it was defective though because LV exchanged it out for a new purse.

9. wow, thanks :smile:

10. Will check out! Thanks :smile:

11. Oh no :amazed:

12. Can you share the photo? TIA

13. Check out this thing:

Saphir Renovateur:smile:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MS1IDIA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459084958&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=saphir+renovateur&dpPl=1&dpID=41ZxkFMwAzL&ref=plSrch

It is what LV uses to condition I was told:smile: and has waterproofing properties too. I just ordered a jar:smile:

14. Way to go :smile: Thanks for keeping me updated!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice