Treadmill or Elliptical?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Well after 10 years my good treadmill died :confused1: ! So, I'm looking to purchase a new piece of fitness equipment. And, I am debating a treadmill or a Elliptical machine? Which is best? Any advice be great!

2. Do you run on your treadmill?

I would vote for the Elliptical because it is easier on your bones and joints- running can cause quite a few aches and pains for women (men too)

3. I would say Elliptical also as for the reasons mentioned above~ :smile:

4. I vote elliptical too.

5. I agree with Megs. ^^^

6. Elliptical! It's a nice low impact exercise and burns quite a few calorires!

7. I vote for the Elliptical. Easier on the joints. And it seems like I can actually go faster on the Elliptical than I can on a regular tredmill.

Annnnd, my favorite part...I can go backwards to get the other parts of my legs and give my front muscles a break :smile:

8. Yeah, I try to run. But, lately haven't been able to because after a while my treadmill will just quit. thanks for all the input!

9. Elliptical is my vote also.

10. Elliptical. I find it easier to watch the TV on one (less of a headache) and that allows me to go for longer.

11. I vote treadmill, it is easier. Sometimes when something is really hard you end up doing nothing at all.

12. I say treadmill because I prefer running; plus using the elliptical always makes my feet go numb after 20 mins.

13. I would vote for the Elliptical also. I work out four days a week, including using the Elliptical for an hour and the amount of calories that I burn is amazing. I have lost several pounds and inches without having to change my eating habits. At least not yet.

14. Elliptical really jump-started my weight loss last year (7 lb without dieting!)
    so I think maybe choose that...and it is much easier on your joints!

15. I love the elliptical better than the treadmill. The elliptical gives me a better workout than the treadmill does