"Travels with my Hermes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the report about the Düsseldorf store. I only recently discovered my love for everything Hermès and I never visited the store so far although I live in Düsseldorf. Let us know how you liked it!

Today's update will have 2 parts:

1) My Hermès experience in Düsseldorf
2) My regular Tuesday visit at my local Hermès boutique

Part 1: My Hermès experience in Düsseldorf

It was raining all the time while I was on holiday in Düsseldorf, but thunder and lightning did not stop me from my mission: Visit Hermès. With one big umbrella on one arm and my 32cm fuchsia Kelly on the other arm, I headed off to the boutique!

Partly soaking wet at the bottom part of my jeans and silver ballerinas, I entered the shop. I quickly gazed at the store to "feel the ambiance." One of the SAs immediately greeted me with a friendly smile and hello. She was tall, pretty, very well-mannered and looked quite chic! I also peeked at the other SAs and they all had a friendly look in their faces. I said to myself, "Wow! This feels like my local Hermès boutique!"

Browsing through the jewelry section, I asked to try on a leather bracelet which I have never seen in other shops and Japanese catalogs. Apparently it's called "Las Vegas" and has a single leather strand (as thick as the Kelly bracelet) with a small metal hardware that snaps closed. It was very chic yet casual. I can't remember the name of the leather I tried but the color was naturel in neither barenia nor chamonix. The SA said that the leather also gets a beautiful patina over time, but not as dark as how natural barenia becomes. I didn't buy it, but now I'm seriously regretting it!

Since I'm in my "gym phase" at the moment (my goal is to lose 3 kilos in the next 6 weeks through exercising), I searched for a small towel that could easily fit in my gym bag ... my Garden Party. I saw the perfect one from the new collection and was dumb-founded to see how reasonable the price was for Hermès ... 30€. There was even another towel for €16!

I headed back to the leather goods section and found a very casual belt without the metal closure. They had several in natural barenia, chocolate brown barenia and black barenia. I opted for the chocolate brown barenia.

The boutique had a good inventory of leather bags: Plumes in both plain and bi-color, Picotins (the one in naturel barenia was gorgeous), a chocolate brown lizard JPG Kelly, Bolides, and a gigantic blue jean Birkin or maybe HAC. I can't really tell due to the size but I swear, it was probably one of the biggest bags I've seen and might be able to fit myself inside it LOL!

There were other bags, but what really caught my eye was a gorgeous 25cm rigide Kelly in chocolate brown box leather and gold hardware. I tried it on several times but since I would want to wear it for everyday use, it was too small to fit a foldable umbrella together with my wallet, etc. The SA also agreed that I would need at least a 28cm.

While trying on the Kelly, the SA said that she would have to leave and this cute and good-looking male SA came to attend to me. His name is Robin and I asked for his card for the next time I visit the shop again. According to the card, I think he's the Deputy Store Manager.

I snooped around and asked to see the different handbags, small accessories and leathers. Robin said laughingly, "You really love handbags, eh!"

Oh, I also asked about the violine color and was told that it's darker than violette but lighter than raisin. At the moment, the store doesn't have any item to show but will have some later in the year.

A lady also entered to have her 32cm rigide Kelly in bi-color black togo and gold straps. It was very unique!

All in all, the Düsseldorf boutique had excellent service and the SAs were very friendly and knowlegeable. I was very pleased with my visit and I intend to go there again next time I visit the city.

Oh yeah, out on the streets I didn't see a Birkin but there were several Kellys!

Here are photos of my new acquisitions: A chocolate brown barenia belt and a towel.

Chocolate_barenia_belt_LaVa.jpg Hermes_towel_LaVan.jpg

Part 2: My regular Tuesday visit at my local Hermès boutique

This will be a quick update but is quite an interesting one.

It was also raining when I entered the shop. Gosh, the rain from Germany is following me! :lol:

"Hello ... kiss ... kiss, what do you have new for today?" I asked.

"You wouldn't believe it, they forgot to send the delivery to the shop!" The SAs replied.

"No way, really?" I laughingly said.

"Yes! Paris forgot to send the delivery. In the 5 years that our boutique is open, this is the first time Paris really forgot to send our delivery!"

Anyway, since there was nothing new, I asked about Mr. so and so who they introduced to me last week.

Ladies, here me out: Apparently he's gay and actually lives with his boyfriend. He doesn't work and just shops all the time while taking German lessons.

The mysterious violine will also continue to be so because it is actually not in customs. My SA said, "There is actually a mistake and it hasn't even been sent by Paris yet. Customs also doesn't take weeks. Even for exotics, customs only takes a couple of days."

So, I'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, regarding the mousseline silk shawl I bought last week, here's a full-lenght picture. It's an elongated shape and not the square one.

Toile_de_Hermes_LaVan2.jpg

oh la van i am so happy you enjoyed "my "boutique and you are right they are just soooo lovely kind and well informed. i will stick with them for ever :love:
oh and you suisse visit is just funny ( oh they have forgotten us) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.