Travelling with lambskin

munchkins

Oct 20, 2018
Hi ladies!

I'm new here so I apologise in advance if this isn't supposed to be posted here or has been posted before.

My friends are on either camp when it comes to travelling with lambskin - some say it's fine as the scratches tend to smooth themselves out but another camp prefers to confine their lambskin bags to dinners etc.

I've got an upcoming trip and some locations tend to get very crowded, so I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to travel with my vintage 1980s lambskin.

To the ladies out there who have travelled with your lambskin, what has your experience been like? Would you recommend it?

Hi ladies!

I'm new here so I apologise in advance if this isn't supposed to be posted here or has been posted before.

My friends are on either camp when it comes to travelling with lambskin - some say it's fine as the scratches tend to smooth themselves out but another camp prefers to confine their lambskin bags to dinners etc.

I've got an upcoming trip and some locations tend to get very crowded, so I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to travel with my vintage 1980s lambskin.

To the ladies out there who have travelled with your lambskin, what has your experience been like? Would you recommend it?
I love lambskin bags, they’re so luxurious and scratches do blend in over time and the leather ages beautifully. Bags should be used and enjoyed. However if yours is vintage I’d be careful as it might be a harder bag to replace if anything does go wrong, especially if you’re going to be in crowded places. :smile:

Well I guess I'm in the minority! I have a vintage small CF and I would absolutely travel with it. And I baby my bags! Our bags are for our use and enjoyment. However, if the stress will really get to you, then don't travel with it. Not worth it!

Edited to add: my lambskin flap is a small, so I think it would be easier to travel with. I have a large flap that is caviar, and I can see that it is more durable than the lambskin. The vintage nature of my lambskin bag makes me less "precious" with it, even though it is in amazing condition!

Reactions: ladysarah
I have also travelled with my lambskin classic which I love. -.a horror story that proves its durability it got caught on the conveyor belt in Paris Eurostar security...:panic:what do you think happened? Nothing! Not a scratch.

Reactions: OCMomof3