Travelling with Birkin...

The Longchamp Pliage would be perfect for the plane and why not ask a family member to hold the bag during the ceremony. I took my watch (rolex) and a ring off for my wedding and had one bridesmaid wear the ring (she already had a rolex one and wasn't engaged so it worked perfectly wearing the ring) and my sister (the other bridesmaid who was engaged) wore my watch.

I take my Birkins everywhere, although I prefer to bring my black one if I travel by plane. If I have to leave it in the hotel I just put it in a closet. The one time I didn't bring it with me I missed it so much!

Agree that Tokyo is a really safe city. I love it!

You shouldn't have a problem with your Birkin, just keep an eye on it as you would in any other place/city. If you're anal about putting the bag under the seat of the plane, maybe put it inside the dustbag or a thin bag big enough to avoid dirt and in case somebody accidentally kicks it. As for tightly spaced restaurants with no extra seats and space at the back of your seat, you can also put the Birkin on top of your feet, this way, you can always feel it.

LaVan good advice. I always place my bag on my feet if there is not an available chair right next to me. I was also thinking about ordering one of those purse hangers for the table but I'm wondering if it would still be easy for a thief to just grab it without me noticing.

By the way, does anyone know if it is safe to leave it in your hotel room locked in a suitcase in Paris/London?

HI Princess D, you should take your birkin, you will so so many of them and wish
you had yours with you! the name of the Longchamps bag is the "Pliage". It is wonderful, it will protect your birkin on the plane and it is a great raincoat for the
bag also. It folds up beautifully and you can use it as an extra tote bag too.

I would definitely take it. What's the point of having such a gorgeous bag if you can't use it at work in your home town and you can't take it on vacation either? I would take two things: Longchamp pliage bag for the airplane, and a purse hook for the sushi restaurant. Have a great time!!

bring it along with another bag as an option for places where a b may not be appropriate ah and do not forget an evening bag in case you go out at evenings.
about the hotels and safety. i never felt unsafe at all in any hotel if it is of decent reputation.
and i must say i believe the thefts of items in the rooms and the frequency it supposeddly occurs are most likely are exaggerated.

Use it dear and btw i am so excited for your belated wedding ceremony CONGRATS and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience and wish you a blissful life ahead of you and your partner. I just had my 15th renewed wedding vows recently and... it was just a moment of happiness again.