Travelling with alma vernis GM

Jan 3, 2013
Hi...im planning to travel to paris next month. Im planning to bring along some of my fave handbags for me to carry..(im a handbag lover and i need to wear different handbag that suit with my attire). The problem is, alma gm is quite big. How could i bring her along? And at the same time the alma paper bag n box is too huge:P:cool: ( people were staring at me when i carried the alma's paper bag after purchasing the bag) lol:roflmfao::roflmfao:

I was in Paris last month for Christmas I was also contemplating which bags to bring. In the end I used a crossbody bag the entire time because it was the "safer option" by going to all the tourist spots (louvre, Eiffel Tower, notre dame,etc) especially with all the pickpockets. Being hands free was definitely a plus with all the walking and shopping all day long. On a side note I was shocked to hear that Naomi Campbell got mugged in Paris while hailing a cab last month. Not trying to scare you but overall Paris is an amazing and beautiful city !
Plus if you end up picking up a bag or 2 at the LV Champs Élysées you will need the luggage space. Lol. So I wouldn't bring alot of bags.
Have a fabulous time in Paris !

If I were traveling, I would feel MUCH safer and more comfortable carrying a mid-size cross body than an Alma. It's great to be hands-free when you have to walk around a lot. (I'm looking into the Idylle Speedy for this purpose.)
Besides, as beautiful as they are, Almas are HEAVY! Especially the all-leather ones. I know from experience...I only carry my Alma GM when I don't plan on doing much walking.
Have an awesome time in Paris! Happy shopping! :smile:

I like to travel light when I go overseas. Having said that, I would usually carry my DE NF during the flights and maybe some sightseeings (depending where I go). Along with that, I would bring my Eva with me for shopping and evening. I shop a lot and hence, I do not need that extra weight from my bag, not to mention a hand carry and big bag like Alma. I know what you mean by matching different bags with different outfits. I love that too but not during travel. Even with outfits, I don't carry a lot as I know I would shop for more especially in Paris. Also, you might ended up getting a few more LV while in Paris and use them to match your new outfits. Have a good holiday! :smile:

Alma is so gorgeous... BUT if I were going to Paris, I wouldn't be taking them... I would worry about being a target for thieves AND the fact that it would get super heavy with the camera, waterbottle and all the other essentials...

Go with something that you can carry on your shoulder or cross body. And big enough to fit in water, camera etc. And preferably something with a zippered close...

Luxurykebaya said:
Hi...im planning to travel to paris next month. Im planning to bring along some of my fave handbags for me to carry..(im a handbag lover and i need to wear different handbag that suit with my attire). The problem is, alma gm is quite big. How could i bring her along? And at the same time the alma paper bag n box is too huge:P:cool: ( people were staring at me when i carried the alma's paper bag after purchasing the bag) lol:roflmfao::roflmfao:

Alma in Paris as a tourist sounds like a bad idea. I lived there for 8 months. You will do lots of walking and taking trains. Hand carry bags are inadvisable because they are really easy to snatch. Good luck!

traveling in general is better to be low key. you don't want to attract unwanted attention when you want to have fun especially in a foreign area. if you insist on bring multiple bags try bring small ones. traveling with big bags is really inconvenient.