Travelling to SK for cosmetic surgery during COVID

xofairy16

Jul 27, 2020
Hi guys,

I am from Canada and I wanted to travel to SK after my finals near the end of August to get a couple procedures done. But I've been doing research and it looks like all visa exemptions into SK for 90 countries including Canada have been suspended (Canadians used to be able to travel to SK without a visa). So it look like there's no way they'd allow you in unless you have a Korean passport or some kind of special diplomat visa. But from the forum, it looks like a lot of you guys are still very active regarding travelling to SK for the purpose of getting cosmetic surgery. I was wondering how you guys were going about it and if some of you guys could share any thoughts, experience, advice, etc?

Mostly its people from the us who do not require visa or it is people who are (overly) optimistic on when korea will resume the visa waivers. If your parents were or are korea citizens you can also consider applying for the F4 visa and you can get in no problem.

Reactions: xofairy16
Hi guys,

I am from Canada and I wanted to travel to SK after my finals near the end of August to get a couple procedures done. But I've been doing research and it looks like all visa exemptions into SK for 90 countries including Canada have been suspended (Canadians used to be able to travel to SK without a visa). So it look like there's no way they'd allow you in unless you have a Korean passport or some kind of special diplomat visa. But from the forum, it looks like a lot of you guys are still very active regarding travelling to SK for the purpose of getting cosmetic surgery. I was wondering how you guys were going about it and if some of you guys could share any thoughts, experience, advice, etc?
I'm from Canada too and I'm in the same predicament. I was hoping to get something done before classes start again, but it looks like that won't be the case. I've heard that most asian countries are going to be very strict on travel regulations until the covid in US gets better, regardless of how low the cases are in Canada (because we are considered America's hat lmao).

I'm going to travel to Korea as soon as the travel ban lifts though, so if anyone else is in the same boat please PM me, we can compare clinics and maybe be surgery buddies!

I'm from the US & I'm currently in Korea getting consultations for plastic surgery. There is 14 day mandatory quarantine at a designated government facility (I was lucky, mines was at Grand Hyatt Incheon), you also have to pay for these 14 days out of pocket. It cost me around 130,000 won per night, but depending on the location can be upward to 2,100,000won for all 14 days.
So please keep this in mind if SK still has the mandatory quarantine in place. Of course if you have relatives, and a place to stay you can just quarantine at home for 14 days. So definitely keep in mind even if the ban lifts, you may still have to quarantine.

Reactions: LaTerre
I'm from the US & I'm currently in Korea getting consultations for plastic surgery. There is 14 day mandatory quarantine at a designated government facility (I was lucky, mines was at Grand Hyatt Incheon), you also have to pay for these 14 days out of pocket. It cost me around 130,000 won per night, but depending on the location can be upward to 2,100,000won for all 14 days.
So please keep this in mind if SK still has the mandatory quarantine in place. Of course if you have relatives, and a place to stay you can just quarantine at home for 14 days. So definitely keep in mind even if the ban lifts, you may still have to quarantine.
How did you get into Korea though? Are you a Korean citizen? Weren't visa exemptions taken away for US and Canadian citizens?

Can you pay the fee with credit card? Visiting Korea soon and wonder how much Korean cash I need to exchange and bring.

If you get a lousier hotel, can you choose to pay more to upgrade to a better one?

Can you pay the fee with credit card? Visiting Korea soon and wonder how much Korean cash I need to exchange and bring.

If you get a lousier hotel, can you choose to pay more to upgrade to a better one?
You don't need to bring cash, you can easily pay with credit card. And no, they will not allow you to select your hotel. i saw someone ask and immigration said no.

Reactions: wxa1
hi ya'll, i'm going on 9 days post-op. i ended up having surgery at ID hospital. I got rhinoplasty, v-line, zygoma reduction, double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction, and lipo for my thighs. I had a wonderful experience at ID, everyone was so nice and caring. I really liked my doctors, they were very professional and advised me very well. Coming from America, I thought the care in Korea was a step above what i see in America. The care seemed more careful, thoughtful, and kind. I highly recommend ID and i'm glad i didn't get scared into NOT to going with them. i had a great experience and when i come back it will be with ID again. In terms of my healing, i'm doing very well and on track if not better than most in my situation considering how much work i got done. I am looking forward to seeing my results in the next few months but so far, i like what i see.

hi ya'll, i'm going on 9 days post-op. i ended up having surgery at ID hospital. I got rhinoplasty, v-line, zygoma reduction, double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction, and lipo for my thighs. I had a wonderful experience at ID, everyone was so nice and caring. I really liked my doctors, they were very professional and advised me very well. Coming from America, I thought the care in Korea was a step above what i see in America. The care seemed more careful, thoughtful, and kind. I highly recommend ID and i'm glad i didn't get scared into NOT to going with them. i had a great experience and when i come back it will be with ID again. In terms of my healing, i'm doing very well and on track if not better than most in my situation considering how much work i got done. I am looking forward to seeing my results in the next few months but so far, i like what i see.

you're brave! who was your nose surgeon?