Travel Travelling to Bangkok

AnVic

Oct 23, 2012
Hello. Me and my girl friends will be travelling to Bangkok end of Feb this year. I've searched many blogs about Bangkok and they all say that to keep watch and be careful as a tourist. Now my question is, is it safe as a tourist to use expensive bag or to be safe just use a simple bag while we tour around this beautiful country? This is our first time to visit Bangkok so please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :smile:

Never been to bangkok, but i am fairly well traveled..my policy is to bring NOTHING that
i would be heartbroken if it got lost, stolen, or damaged .. I am traveling to enjoy myself.. Not to draw attention to myself or worry about a bag

Are you only visiting Bangkok or traveling around Thailand? Bangkok are like any large city-just use common sense and you should be fine. If you are traveling to the beach or country side, obviously a more casual and practical bag would be more appropriate.

I have been to Bangkok numerous times and it's like other key cities in Asia these days..very common to see well heeled men and women with branded bags and a huge middle class population. Exercise caution, as always and u will do just fine. Enjoy the food n fab shopping!

Thank you for replying. :smile: the reason why I asked is because one of my friends requested me if I can bring the new bag I bought because she wants too see it but I'm having second thoughts. I usually just use either a LongChamp or a Coach. :smile:

I travelled to Bangkok in April 2012 and trust me, no one will be phased by a designer handbag lol. Bangkok is known for designer items (real and fake) so if anything you'll just blend in.

So many people told me it's a dangerous city and I need to be careful with my belongings. But this wasn't the case at all. I felt safe 24/7, people just like exaggerating.

I travelled to Bangkok in April 2012 and trust me, no one will be phased by a designer handbag lol. Bangkok is known for designer items (real and fake) so if anything you'll just blend in.

So many people told me it's a dangerous city and I need to be careful with my belongings. But this wasn't the case at all. I felt safe 24/7, people just like exaggerating.

I agree totally. it's very safe. No one will bat their eyes at our designer bags. Just exercise caution like not going into a lonely part of town at night, etc, etc, not only in Bangkok, but in any city that you visit.

You will enjoy Bangkok... All ladies love Bangkok, for its shopping!

Been to Bangkok many times with designer bag in tow and never felt unsafe. Just exercise caution and common sense, as you would anywhere. Enjoy your trip!

I agree totally. it's very safe. No one will bat their eyes at our designer bags. Just exercise caution like not going into a lonely part of town at night, etc, etc, not only in Bangkok, but in any city that you visit.

You will enjoy Bangkok... All ladies love Bangkok, for its shopping!

Are you only visiting Bangkok or traveling around Thailand? Bangkok are like any large city-just use common sense and you should be fine. If you are traveling to the beach or country side, obviously a more casual and practical bag would be more appropriate.

Just Bangkok but we might visit the beaches too. :smile:

I have been to Bangkok numerous times and it's like other key cities in Asia these days..very common to see well heeled men and women with branded bags and a huge middle class population. Exercise caution, as always and u will do just fine. Enjoy the food n fab shopping!

Thank you all for your replies and advices. :hugs: I was just kinda bit scared of what i've read on the blogs. We are travelling with my 3 girl besties and we all wanna have some fun so i might just bring along my Coach instead. Any particular shop you can advice where to go best? :graucho: Oh and it's this end of Feb, we are all so excited! :woohoo:

Thank you all for your replies and advices. :hugs: I was just kinda bit scared of what i've read on the blogs. We are travelling with my 3 girl besties and we all wanna have some fun so i might just bring along my Coach instead. Any particular shop you can advice where to go best? :graucho: Oh and it's this end of Feb, we are all so excited! :woohoo:

I have been to BKK a few times. I loved it other than the hectic traffic. I used a Longchamp when I was there. Do be extra careful when you are at crowded places like the street markets. Pickpockets are known for cutting victim's bags with penknife there. I always hug my bag in front of me.

You must visit Platinum Mall. It is shopping heaven for clothes and shoes. Do bargain if you and your girlfriends are buying a few pieces from the same shop. Also, Chatuchak Weekend Market is another place to visit. There is plenty of things there. Food, clothes, shoes, accessories, decors for home, pets, etc.

I have been to BKK a few times. I loved it other than the hectic traffic. I used a Longchamp when I was there. Do be extra careful when you are at crowded places like the street markets. Pickpockets are known for cutting victim's bags with penknife there. I always hug my bag in front of me.

You must visit Platinum Mall. It is shopping heaven for clothes and shoes. Do bargain if you and your girlfriends are buying a few pieces from the same shop. Also, Chatuchak Weekend Market is another place to visit. There is plenty of things there. Food, clothes, shoes, accessories, decors for home, pets, etc.

Thank you so much for this wonderful tip, Platinum Mall will be our 2nd list since you said it's a shopping heaven weeee I'm totally excited even more! :biggrin: we'll tour around the temples first. Goody goody, we'll definitely go to Chatutak for souvenirs too. Oohhh that's scary, cutting bags! we will keep an eye on that.

Can we tour around wearing shorts? like NOT short shorts ;) is it okay to wear sleeveless?

Again, thank you. :hugs:

I don't remember the dress code for the temples but at the grand palace you have to be more covered. I think this is discussed in another thailand thread here.

Oh thanks, i'll look for the thailand thread here. :biggrin: I've read from other blogs about the dress code going inside temples, but when roaming around the city is what i wanna know coz i think end Feb will be summer in BKK.