Travel Travelling to Bangkok

Sleeveless and shorts is ok for usual days but for temple visits, temple will require you to cover up with scarfs. It is ok if you don't mind. :smile:

Another thing to add. Taxi fare. They like to quote us, tourists high prices. Either bargain for a reasonable fixed price or go by the meter. Otherwise, taking the tuk tuk for short distance is fine. It is cheaper.

Also, taxi drivers like to bring you to shopping malls meant for tourists before bringing you to actual place. Insist that you do not want and tip them a little and they will give up. They earn a commission for every tourist they bring there.

Thank you all for these tips. We are so ready now to see Bangkok yipeee! I told them to bring leggings and scarfs coz we'll be going to see lots and lots of temple. Oh by the way, which temples is a must to be visit?

Thank you all for these tips. We are so ready now to see Bangkok yipeee! I told them to bring leggings and scarfs coz we'll be going to see lots and lots of temple. Oh by the way, which temples is a must to be visit?

I second all the tips given, especially the fact that the taxis will try to scam you. Just go by the meter, and refuse to go see any shop/ emporium that they advise you to.

You should get a guidebook for Bangkok and all of the temples worth visiting will be mentioned. If I remember correctly Wat Arun, Wat Pho (really impressive) What Mahatat were beautiful. But if you have time, definitely go see more.

I second all the tips given, especially the fact that the taxis will try to scam you. Just go by the meter, and refuse to go see any shop/ emporium that they advise you to.

You should get a guidebook for Bangkok and all of the temples worth visiting will be mentioned. If I remember correctly Wat Arun, Wat Pho (really impressive) What Mahatat were beautiful. But if you have time, definitely go see more.

Thank you so much for mentioning the names of the MUST SEE Temples, yes! :tup: We got a day tour and dinner cruise package, if those temples are not on the list we are definitely going to visit that the following day. Oh how about the prices of luxury brands like bags, etc. :graucho: is it also cheaper than the US?

Awww :nogood: even at the airport? It's okay, i'm sure we are going to have lots and lots of fun visiting your country. Thanks thanks.:hugs:

Oh yeah! There is a duty free at the airport but I don't really know what brand do they have there. Anyway you can check at kingpower.com to see what they have. As you mention about temple, Wat Phra kaew is the place that you must visit and then Wat Pho and Wat Arun. You can travel to these temples by the ferry boat, they are really near to each other. Have fun on the trip :hugs:

. Oh how about the prices of luxury brands like bags, etc. :graucho: is it also cheaper than the US?

I only went to Balenciaga when in Bangkok and it was WAY more expensive than the US. You can however get a VAT refund ( about 7-8% I think) but I still think it s not worth it. I haven't been to any other high end store in Bangkok though (I was backpacking around Asia and felt kind of out of place walking there :P) but I believe it is similar.

Hi There

I ve been in BKK in November... I ve loved it.
I was traveling by myself and still I ve felt pretty safe..but I am from Italy:smile:Meaning I am used to pickpockets etc...
You just need to you use common sense
The weather was very hot but in the stores and the subway you need a sweater ...the air conditioning quite cold. You can wear shorts nobody will bother you but when you visit the temples you need to be covered up more:smile: I was wearing some leggings but still not ok :smile: I had to borrow a sarong at welcome center ....there was a huge line since all the western tourists end up there!:smile:
Enjoy Asia is a shopping paradise!:smile:
Linda

Thanks Linda. :hugs: me and my besties are pretty much excited already, countdown begins 8 days to go and hello Bangkok! Yup, just checked on my weather apps, goodness! its 35 degress C HOT! Oh so wearing leggings isn't allowed inside the Temple? okay we'll wear jeans. :smile: and bring scarfs when inside the mall when it gets cold. Travel lightly and come back at the hotel full of shoppings spree! :graucho:

I actually found the prices at the airport in Bangkok to be quite nice. I bought a ton of stuff there, and the prices were great compared to Europe. So I tell everyone to save some travel money for the airport when flying out when they go to Bangkok!