Travelling down that slippery slope...

poppyflossy

Jan 31, 2010
Ladies.., what have you done to me??!! I sourced a plum antique glace Roxy last week and yesterday i bought an Antique choc Mabel.., my roxy has not even arrived yet!! Just to ask any antique Mabel owners out there..., what would you recommend to put on it as treatment? I do not go alot on the sprays but wondered if the Russell & Brom' handbag cream would be any good instead.., or just the spray? I know it is meant to looked scratched and used but i like to nourish my bags!! Thankyou!

The antiqued leather does not need to be treated/sprayed. I have a sand Mabel in that leather - she has been caught in VERY heavy rain - showed a LOT of water marks, but they dried without as much as a spot on there!! :yahoo: My choc Poppy hobo has been the same - a complete star in wet weather!!

I may be right in saying some owners of bags in this leather have sprayed their bags with Collonil, but the care card doesnt say it is necessary!

Congrats on your new bags anyway :smile:

Nope no treatment, I was brave and didn't touch my Mabel with anything and I am so glad I didn't! She is still just as perfect as the day she arrived :love: I absolutely love the chocolate one, congratulations!! Can't wait to see your double reveal :graucho:

First, congratulations Poppy. Looking forward to your reveals.

Neither of those leathers need treatment. I have the same Roxy and the care card doesn't recommend anything. Similarly with the antique leathers, I have choco Poppy, pebble large Mabel and lipstick Roxy and non of them need treating either.

Hi Poppy, congrats on 2 lovely bags! I have antique choc mabel and have used her alot, but carefully, over the last couple of years. I treated it with colonill recently but found that made the leather feel a little dry, so have now undone that with some Clarks nourishing cream stuff....she looks and feels fabulous again. I would recommend not doing anything to her when she arrives unless really necessary. Wonder how long before you buy another one!?! :graucho:

Welcome to Mulberry world - we're good at enabling - soon you won't be travelling, you'll just let go and slide!
I did spray my antique leather poppy hobo - but then it was my first proper Mulberry and I was a bit paranoid :smile:

Hi Poppyflossy - you can't go wrong with Mabel! I use my small chocolate Mabel most weekends and she looks as good as new! The antique leather is really beautiful, and I haven't treated it. :biggrin:

I've sprayed my mabel with colonill and it was fine but am sure it would also be fine if I hadn't sprayed it.

Congrats on the new bags and it's definately a very slippery slope.

LOL..I am such a PF novice still.., after i left this thread i did not know how to find it again which is why there has been a radio silence.., oh and because my tiny girl floss is very poorly ;9(
I am very pleased i bagged these two lovelies.., i think they are both classics that i will never want to let go of!! - I just hope they arrive safely, Mabel was meant to be here yesterday and still no sign.., Roxy is due from the US next week!
I will certainly send a double reveal when they arrive..., if i can work out how to of course!!
Thankyou for your advice x