Travelling by Plane with a Neverfull GM

bvan1968

Dec 12, 2011
I am new to tPF and to LV -- at least as an owner (I am been a long-term admirer). I got my first LV, a Speedy 35 B, for Christmas, and am seriously considering purchasing a Mono Neverfull GM. I am going on a girlfriend's ski trip weekend in February, and would love to take the Neverfull GM as my "personal item" along with a rolling suitcase. I am hoping that will mean no checked luggage!! (See how buying LV is helping me save money? :lol:) I will likely take another smaller purse with me for evenings, etc. (I won't need a purse during the day as I'll be skiing), but I really wanted to take the Neverfull with me as a luggage piece.

Do you travel with your Neverfull GM? Any thoughts or suggestions for me and my plan based on your experiences? I already checked the size limitations, and it looks like the Neverfull GM is within those limitations for airlines here in the US.

Forgot to mention that I live 4 hours away from the nearest LV, and there is no chance of my going to a boutique before my trip. I am planning on buying online, pre-loved.

I especially bought my NF GM for my trips... but as my handbag... I mean... on a plane I carry so much stuff (makeup, scarf, wallet, books, gifts...) that the last time I travelled with my Speedy it barely closed and my hand was hurting so bad because it was super heavy so I decided to get a NF... But... for you... I don't think I'd use my NF to carry my "non checked in luggage"... but more as my personal tote... wouldn't it be useful too? I don't know... specially if you're going to a cold place you'll need big warm clothes... :smile:

I especially bought my NF GM for my trips... but as my handbag... I mean... on a plane I carry so much stuff (makeup, scarf, wallet, books, gifts...) that the last time I travelled with my Speedy it barely closed and my hand was hurting so bad because it was super heavy so I decided to get a NF... But... for you... I don't think I'd use my NF to carry my "non checked in luggage"... but more as my personal tote... wouldn't it be useful too? I don't know... specially if you're going to a cold place you'll need big warm clothes... :smile:

Sorry if my original post was unclear. I am planning on using the NF as my personal tote, too...with makeup, liquid items in plastic, iPad, wallet, etc. (a big purse), and maybe some clothing items if I have the room. I figured with the open top, I can probably fit lots in. I don't live near a LV boutique, and I have never seen the NF GM in real life, at least I have never noticed a NF GM here in real life. I would also take an additional small rolling suitcase with my ski clothes and three additional outfits inside, as well as hairdryer, brushes, etc. I hate paying the extra money to check a bag if I don't have to, and that saved $100 will offset the cost of the NF. Any suggestions for me?

Oh.... I'm sorry!!! I didn't understand then!!!!! hahaha... I think it's such a great idea then!!! Specially the GM is a HUGE tote... and you can fit in whatever you have in mind... no joke it's huge!!! If youre going skiing... and be around snow and all... I'd totally get the Ebene NF... I'd worry too much about the vachetta of the monogram one... Besides the Ebene is gorgeous don't you think?? :smile:

I use my Neverfull Ebene GM as a tote and carry on. It is perfect for travel. I also use a roll on bag in addition to my Neverfull. I hope that helps. Good luck deciding.

I think it is great for travelling...the only problem for me is the open-top. Personally, I like some type of closure, whether a flap or a zipper. But I do think that the NF is very convenient! The GM is HUGE so you will be able to fit lots inside!

I just bought a Neverfull GM for traveling and it is great, light, easy to find your stuff, and I put my wallet in the zipped compartment, I have a MJ nylon large cosmetic case for my small personal belongings, I used to have a Keepall, a great but most heavy bag, and I do prefer this solution for traveling

I just returned from a trip to the US at the beginning of the month. I used my Ebene NF GM as a carry on. No problems at all and no issues with it being without a zipper. Definitely consider the Ebene over the Mono due to wet weather conditions being eminent on your ski trip. I also carried an Ebene Eva as a crossbody purse. Fits all travel documents, wallet, cell, etc. without a problem and you can attach it to the D ring inside your GM. The GM also fit perfectly on top of my rolling carry on. Hope my 2 cents helped!:biggrin:

It's totally fine. I flew to NY with this bag and another tote as my carry on luggage.

I had no issues except the customs guy did ask why I wasn't carrying any real luggage and only had two purses.