Traveling with your Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macaroon13

Feb 11, 2013
In some ways the Birkin is the perfect travel bag - fits everything you need and has a lock. Indeed that was its original purpose. But I get nervous everytime I bring one of my Birkins on a trip - going through airport security, sometimes having agents manhandle your bag, sometimes being forced to put it in overhead compartments. My current trick is to keep it by my feet and throw my blanket over it. I don't want to carry it around in another bag because I feel a bit silly not being able to use my bag for its purpose.

So I'm curious - do you travel with your Birkin? What are some of the measures you've taken to protect it?

Reactions: TravelSnobLondon
In some ways the Birkin is the perfect travel bag - fits everything you need and has a lock. Indeed that was its original purpose. But I get nervous everytime I bring one of my Birkins on a trip - going through airport security, sometimes having agents manhandle your bag, sometimes being forced to put it in overhead compartments. My current trick is to keep it by my feet and throw my blanket over it. I don't want to carry it around in another bag because I feel a bit silly not being able to use my bag for its purpose.

So I'm curious - do you travel with your Birkin? What are some of the measures you've taken to protect it?

When I travel with my Kelly or Birkin bag I don't take any special steps to keep it protected. I use it like any other regular bag, I keep it in the dustbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.