Traveling With Your Bags

MM1565

Apr 18, 2017
Please tell me how you pack your bags in your suitcase for (air) travel. I just bought my first & second premier bag & in March would like to bring my Saint Laurent. I don’t know how to pack it in my suitcase without squishing it. Help!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Please tell me how you pack your bags in your suitcase for (air) travel. I just bought my first & second premier bag & in March would like to bring my Saint Laurent. I don’t know how to pack it in my suitcase without squishing it. Help!
I personally would never pack a premier bag in luggage. I either carry it on as my handbag or put it in another larger bag as handbag. If in a carryon suitcase, I put it in the dust bag and stuff it with a few clothes / tee shirts rolled up inside.

I personally would never pack a premier bag in luggage. I either carry it on as my handbag or put it in another larger bag as handbag. If in a carryon suitcase, I put it in the dust bag and stuff it with a few clothes / tee shirts rolled up inside.
Me either. I ALWAYS carry purses in purses during air travel. Just feel safer that way.

Reactions: MM1565
I suggest you put some soft stuff in it, and then pack it in a box and put it in your trunk without being squashed

When traveling by air, I never check anything of value because luggage gets lost and things do get stolen out of checked bags. It has happened to me and I learned that lesson. If you don't really need your designer bag then leave it at home. Otherwise, I carry mine on board in either carryon luggage for the overhead bin, or in (or as) your personal item at your seat. Put it in another bag if you aren't comfortable with it on the floor.

When traveling by air, I never check anything of value because luggage gets lost and things do get stolen out of checked bags. It has happened to me and I learned that lesson. If you don't really need your designer bag then leave it at home. Otherwise, I carry mine on board in either carryon luggage for the overhead bin, or in (or as) your personal item at your seat. Put it in another bag if you aren't comfortable with it on the floor.
yeah, i agree with you, just leave the designer bag at home

Stuff it very well with tissue paper and put it in its dust bag. Then in your briefcase make sure there is nothing with sharp edges or corners next to it that can mark it. Best to pack it in between soft clothes!

I move to different countries all the time and there are times that I have to pack ALL of my belongs in two~three suitcases. I have to do bag in bags lol I just stuff RM mac (in dust bag of course) in my old balenciaga and put it in a dust bag. For my tote bags and smaller bags, I do a bag in bag and carry them with me on the plane. I never check my recent designer brand purchases; the ones that I check will be old purchases so if I do end up losing the luggage it will hurt less lol.

The best solution to this problem is to take the bag with you as hand luggage. In this case, you will have peace of mind. In general, I wouldn't say I like to travel with all sorts of unnecessary junk. I only take the most necessary things that I will need. I can do without the bag, which must always be somewhere to go. It's very inconvenient. I wouldn't say I like to take unnecessary things to camp, where you have to keep track of things carefully. For example, I was recently in La Paz, and the number of pickpockets there is very high. https://www.africanjacana.com/bolivia/la-paz/ So it's better to carry a small wallet instead of a bag and keep all your money on your card if possible.

I will never trust the airport staff. I had things stolen too and it pissed me off. I recently went to Mexico and just kept my Kate Spade bag in my carry-on tote at all times. Same should be said to your YSL.

If it is not too big, I would bring an extra bag (tote or backpack) or smaller carry-on and just carefully store the purse in there. Enjoy your trip!

This question is very dependent on the travel destination and if it is work or vacation or festivity. Travelling for work , I select one of my large and beautiful working bags in a leather color of choice and then I pick the rest of my clothes to fit with just one big handbag and in addition a pick a medium size in case there is any moment without the computer close. For working trip, I manage with minimal package in a small cabin luggage or a rucksak.

For vacation to cities in EU where you can be safe, I select max 2 handbags and have put in checking bag without any problem for years since I use luxury brands. I do not see any problem to pack tight with the rest, I do not think that my handbags have ever suffered for spending several hours pressed with other pieces of soft clothes, I could put some pieces of clothes inside and in their corresponding cloth protecting bags and a plastic bag and then , I press with the rest. You would not expect stealing, but I try to cover with a solid plastic bag because in winter with snow pr rain, the luggage would get wet. The only one that I used to taking with me in the cabin as shoulder bag is my Kelly 32, I put inside a Haglöfs duffle once inside the cabin of the plane to avoid any damage.

If I am going sailing, climbing, skiing or outdoors activities, I prefer other materials and brand for the purpose.

I think that it is a question of find your way and enjoy but I personally think that if having luxury handbag makes a problem in your trip or activities, what is the point of adquiring, I want to enjoy then with me here and there.

I never check anything of value, but even for a three week trip, I travel light. RTW is rolled careful into travel paka ans places in a rimowa carry on. My bags go into a larger tote or second carry on. I prefer not to use hermes or chanel while traveling. My favorite travel bags are a mens dior saddle; a Loewe mini puzzle; and a Goyard St. Louis