Traveling with new purchases and/or multiple bags-- Tips please!!?!?

BeBe2223

Jan 18, 2017
Heading on a trip in a few weeks. As I have read thoroughly some people have had issues in airports, and of course I would hate for anything to get lost or Stolen.. I plan on Shopping on the trip, especially at the LV store hoping to bring some things home. And I'm just curious.... how to get home with multiple bags/purchases?? Anyone have any ideas?
Taking a small carry on bag and a suitcase that I'm sure will be full to the brim.

Heading on a trip in a few weeks. As I have read thoroughly some people have had issues in airports, and of course I would hate for anything to get lost or Stolen.. I plan on Shopping on the trip, especially at the LV store hoping to bring some things home. And I'm just curious.... how to get home with multiple bags/purchases?? Anyone have any ideas?
Taking a small carry on bag and a suitcase that I'm sure will be full to the brim.

Or do I just save the hassle and shop at home with my SA??

Reactions: Bichita
My mother always packs very light on trips, so she has plenty of room for shopping. You can always pack an extra bag to check on your way back and carry on your new purses. Part of the fun of going is the shopping. I would pack super light, and save room in your carry on for your LV purchases. Then if you get stopped, it's just what you brought with you on your trip:smile: I suppose it depends on what/how much you plan on buying and where you're going?

Or do I just save the hassle and shop at home with my SA??
I buy in Europe all the time and it's TOTALLY worth the hassle. The savings are often more than 30%. I just carefully pack everything in my carryon luggage and, if I need more space, I have also strategically packed items in my checked luggage as well. Never had a theft. If you travel Business or First on your transcontinental flight, many airlines offer a larger carryone allowance too.

And I agree with @viewwing , don't bother with boxes and shopping bags (who cares???). Ditch it all and just keep your items in their dustbags.

I always bring a large suitcase, because part of the fun of traveling is shopping in a new/different place! I leave room and do what others mentioned - leave the boxes/packaging and just bring bags home in their dust bags. If you have good luggage that locks, you shouldn't have to worry about theft.