Traveling with multiple pairs of Louboutins

Dany_37

Humble, Grateful, Blessed!
O.G.
Jul 27, 2012
Hi Loubie Lovers-
Wanted to ask this question, I hope it hasn't already been asked as I've searched and searched this thread and couldn't find anything that really answered my question.
How do you ladies pack your Louboutin's? Do you put them in your checked bag or carry on? I ask this especially if you are carrying multiple pairs (about 5) and if theft is a concern? But I also hate to carry on anything other than my purse but I will if necessary...so...how do you pack your Louboutin's??? I've traveled with a pair of boots a few times and checked them but I'm more concerned about multiple pairs....

Last edited:
Hmmm... I've only ever traveled with two pairs, and I just stuck them in my checked bag. I guess I never really thought about them getting stolen! They were both pretty basic styles, so if anything happened to them they'd be easy to replace. If you're bringing anything special or irreplaceable I'd take a carry on bag for sure.
Curious to hear other opinions! Is this something traveler's insurance would cover?

Hmmm... I've only ever traveled with two pairs, and I just stuck them in my checked bag. I guess I never really thought about them getting stolen! They were both pretty basic styles, so if anything happened to them they'd be easy to replace. If you're bringing anything special or irreplaceable I'd take a carry on bag for sure.
Curious to hear other opinions! Is this something traveler's insurance would cover?
Didn’t even think about travelers insurance. I’ll have to check into that.

Travel insurance doesn’t cover much seemingly

I’ve always carried on my CLs and Valentino’s. It’s really easy to open suitcases. My gf forgot her code on her luggage lock. I googled how to open up a suitcase and basically we just had to stick a pen between the zippered teeth and then run it around the suitcase and it totally opened. Scary right! So I don’t put anything in my suitcase that I wouldn’t risk getting taken

Reactions: Dany_37
I’ve always carried on my CLs and Valentino’s. It’s really easy to open suitcases. My gf forgot her code on her luggage lock. I googled how to open up a suitcase and basically we just had to stick a pen between the zippered teeth and then run it around the suitcase and it totally opened. Scary right! So I don’t put anything in my suitcase that I wouldn’t risk getting taken
Guess I'll be using a carry on for shoes then!

Reactions: mssmelanie
I've packed all sorts of designer clothing and shoes and have never suffered from theft, but I might just be lucky. (Knock on wood!) For shoes, I pack them in shoe bags, usually the plainest ones I own with the designer name down. I take most handbags and all jewelry carry-on, but for example I usually pack a Le Pliage tote in my checked luggage.

Get a small hard sided rolling suitcase with really good wheels that roll effortlessly and carry on your expensive things.

My mom has had something stolen out of her suitcase once before. She bought a crystal souvenir thing and it was inside a white unmarked box. Thankfully it wasn’t an expensive item. The person who took it probably didn’t even get a chance to look inside the box.

Reactions: Dany_37
Carry on only!!! I have traveled with more than 4 pairs at a time. Girl needs options. But I always pack my accessories, bags and shoes in my carry on. Thousands of dollars in precious merch is not going in a bag that gets tossed around, rummaged through or lost. Keep your shoes close.

Good Luck!

Thanks all! I took a trip for Spring Break and everything went off successfully! I packed a separate carry on for my shoes and bags and checked my bag with clothes and toiletries, all with no problem. I appreciate all the suggestions and advice!

I have packed in carry on and checked. I store them in their dust covers and hope for the best when checked.

But, mostly carry them in my carry on piece and try to limit my shoes two pairs.