Traveling with MULTIPLE Birkins & Kellys ... advice needed!!

Chez Capri

C'est si bon!
Feb 26, 2012
Hi Ladies,

Usually when I go away I hand carry one Birkin. But this time, we are going to my casa de in-laws and actually staying close to a month. I plan to bring at least 2 Birkins and a Kelly plus a LV Alma. Never lugged that many bags with me but I'll have friends to see & places to go when we get there. So I need your advice.

I know there is a "traveling with your Birkin" thread. But most of the posts are about protecting the one Birkin while en flight. Can anyone tell me if you've packed Birkins/Kellys before or even an Alma bag? And how?! Im going to still carry one of course, but can't carry all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

I have often travelled with more than one bag .
I keep them in their dust covers.A Kelly fits nicely inside a Birkin and doesn't take up any additionally space .
Two Birkins will fit into a hand Luggage sized bag .
I normally use a Longchamp tote .

Hi Ladies,

Usually when I go away I hand carry one Birkin. But this time, we are going to my casa de in-laws and actually staying close to a month. I plan to bring at least 2 Birkins and a Kelly plus a LV Alma. Never lugged that many bags with me but I'll have friends to see & places to go when we get there. So I need your advice.

I know there is a "traveling with your Birkin" thread. But most of the posts are about protecting the one Birkin while en flight. Can anyone tell me if you've packed Birkins/Kellys before or even an Alma bag? And how?! Im going to still carry one of course, but can't carry all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Are you thinking about packing them in your check-in luggage? I would never never pack any valuables in chech-in luggage. No expensive bags, jewellery, nothing. Not with business/first class. You never know what's going to happen to them and the insurance of the baggage handling company will never be able to cover that sort of amount.

The max I would carry will be one for day (e.g. B35) and maybe one or two for the evenings (K28 or smaller clutches) all in my LV keepall.

Reactions: shrpthorn
My last vacation required many changes of outfit as well, so I travelled with two birkins and a kelly. I carried my 35cm in the dustbag inside a plastic bag inside the Goyard St Louis, and fit my 32cm kelly and a 30cm birkin in their dustbags inside a Longchamp Pliage. I also put air bag things on all four sides inside the Pliage and didn't worry about any of the bags going through security and carrying them on cabin.

gosh i feel very careless after reading all the comments above..i have checked in my kelly 35, medor and constance (all three together) in my luggage for long holidays and business trips in the past and taking my b35/h32 on board! will think twice now..

anyway, the way to carry more than one on board, is to fit the rest in a hard top cabin size luggage or if you know there is going to be plenty of space around you, then any cabin size bag that will hold a few bags inside should do!

gosh i feel very careless after reading all the comments above..i have checked in my kelly 35, medor and constance (all three together) in my luggage for long holidays and business trips in the past and taking my b35/h32 on board! will think twice now..

anyway, the way to carry more than one on board, is to fit the rest in a hard top cabin size luggage or if you know there is going to be plenty of space around you, then any cabin size bag that will hold a few bags inside should do!

I have had check-in baggage lost in the past so that taught me a lesson.

OMG! Please do not check your H bags! I had my luggage stolen and lost a wardrobe full of chanel and other expensive goodies! Lesson learned.. I am a minimalist packer and try to take everything in carry ons. When traveling, I use a large seasonal chanel tote or large celine tote as my "purse." I can fit two birkins and one kelly in the largest totes. There is also space for smaller clutches. Do you own any clutches for easier more compact choices when u travel? I try not to travel with more than one B or K now, but fill in gaps with Jige, medor and chanels. Good luck! wishing you safe travels!

OMG! Please do not check your H bags! I had my luggage stolen and lost a wardrobe full of chanel and other expensive goodies! Lesson learned.. I am a minimalist packer and try to take everything in carry ons. When traveling, I use a large seasonal chanel tote or large celine tote as my "purse." I can fit two birkins and one kelly in the largest totes. There is also space for smaller clutches. Do you own any clutches for easier more compact choices when u travel? I try not to travel with more than one B or K now, but fill in gaps with Jige, medor and chanels. Good luck! wishing you safe travels!

I have had check-in baggage lost in the past so that taught me a lesson.

thank you luckylove and xiangxiang for your advice. i will definitely not do it anymore!

apologies Chez Capri for being off topic!

this is scary as i have checked kellys, birkins, evelyn before and even exotic skin ones before...will think twice next time but the thing is i already have quite a bit in my hand carry and to carry the spare bags also is too much....need to cut down on spare bags in future.

I have traveled with 2 birkins before, so I have a sort-of solution if your Kelly can fit in the birkin? Then the solution is having the 2 birkins in carry ones, one under your seat in an enviro sac or longchamp, and one overhead in a bag with hard sides so no one else's luggage damages it overhead. I use an LV steamer bag to put a 35 B in.

Even if your bags are insured, don't put them in your checked luggage unless you are ok having it stolen. Because while some insurance covers it, it doesn't mean you will be able to find a replacement in that color ever again! Especially if it is a rested color.

The Alma on the other hand would be the bag I would put in checked luggage, before an Hermes one (sorry LV!)

I never check in my B or K, but have in the past have checked in a Victoria, Pico, and Riding boots. But never my scarves or shawls, always stay in the dust bag inside my B or K. I have hand carried multi H bags at once, but not so protected or covered. I sneak a large plastic bag inside of H bag and throw them in it when they hike on the security check belt or go on the cabin floor. B and K's are hardy and I don't worry too much of them. Just don't like pen marks or oil or grease stains.

Never ever would I check anything Hermes. My entire carry on is usually packed with by B's and K's shawls, scarves and jewelry. If you get your bag stolen, you will never get reimbursed for what you have lost, especially with Hermes, even if you were to get replacement value for it, as we all know it's would be just about impossible to replace.

You ladies are amazing with the amount of hand carry you lug around. I often wonder why I see well dressed (or well off ladies) carting around a little cabin sized trolley. This thread tells me now they probably have a treasure chest of bags on it: :biggrin:

I'm a minimalist when I travel. It's normally just either a B or K, a really light causal bag like a Goyard St Louis tote, and then a clutch for evenings. Regardless, I almost never check in my bags. I just put them in their sleeper bags and then put them in a small hard-case cabin size suitcase (like a Rinowa suitcase). Anything else that is on the more expensive side that I can also fit in, I will put in the carry on suitcase. With a hard case suitcase, I don't have to worry about squashing my bags when they are in the overhead. I've been on the verge of losing my luggage too many times that I would not risk it to check in such valuable items.

I have carried many:PH bags with me. I have carried both a 35 and a 30 birkin, along with many other bags. The most bags I carry are clutches and constances. I have carried at once 3 clutches and 2 constances, along with one kelly and a birkin and a marwari and a victoria and a paris bombay...:wacko:I like to have choices!!!:shame:Like many members I store most of them in a small carry on suitcase along with my scarves and jewelry. I had a random security check on my last trip and the lady who checked my suitcase asked me if I worked in the fashion industry!!:lol:I think she enjoyed that security search!!!:PShe also stated I was a very good packer!!!:biggrin: