Traveling with Longchamp

viv2525

Jul 21, 2020
Hello, I will soon be traveling with united and I am considering using my large Le Pliage travel bag as my personal item to store under my seat. Is this bag too large to fit under there or should it be fine?? Has anyone traveled with this bag and had any issues?

Reactions: cypr and indiaink
Hello, I will soon be traveling with united and I am considering using my large Le Pliage travel bag as my personal item to store under my seat. Is this bag too large to fit under there or should it be fine?? Has anyone traveled with this bag and had any issues?
It will be fine. I have traveled with the large and it’s a joy; holds everything but doesn’t seem like it takes up that much space, believe it or not! No issues whatsoever!

how does this size compare to a medium cabat?
Hello @grietje great to hear you are considering a personalised LC. Firstly, I note that you are getting a My Pliage Signature. The material for this bag is recycled polyester. I own one in the small size. I tried looking for dimensions of the large that you are looking at but no dimensions was listed online. If I assume that it shares the same dimensions of the regular Le Pliage (nylon), then the dimensions ought to be 13.8 x 17.7 x 9.1 inches vs the medium cabat which measures 15.5 x 11 x 6.5 inches.

Just to share that I own the regular Le Pliage expandable travel bag and when zipped up, the dimensions is similar to the Le Pliage large (without shoulder strap) which I rehomed. In terms of size, the large for me is very generous. I was able to pack ten days worth of clothing for my son (then ten years old) and myself. I never had to use it unzipped on all my travels but knowing that I can unzip it should I need more space is great. Plus, it folds up to such a compact size. The ease of the thick webbed shoulder strap made a lot of difference for me. I rehomed the regular le pliage travel bag (without shoulder strap) as I cannot fathom lugging it all around during travels (esp if we have a lot of transfers).

IMG_20201103_164315.jpg

Screenshot_20211116_101849.jpg

Screenshot_20211116_101916.jpg

Screenshot_20211116_101906.jpg

IMG_20191112_125545.jpg

Screenshot_20211116_101842.jpg