Traveling with a Dog on plane (non Emotional Support)

I should right!

United has the same policy most airlines here do. They do not allow pets in cabin unless they can fit in a crate under the seat in front.

So either these two had their Bulldog certified as an emotional support animal, or United
made an exception for them.

This really makes me sick. United can kiss my fat farkin' arse!

I wonder if first class passengers can take a smallish English Bulldog-sized dog along, depending on the type of seat available (the ones that lay flat, for example). I've been on some flights that had enough room to store a dog that size.

I wonder if first class passengers can take a smallish English Bulldog-sized dog along, depending on the type of seat available (the ones that lay flat, for example). I've been on some flights that had enough room to store a dog that size.

I've only flown "first class" domestic in the U.S
It's glorified economy class as far as I'm concerned. Meaning you have a little more room than you would if you were in the emergency exit seats.

It's not like flying business international. At least not on AA or United. I know it depends on the plane, but I've never had true first class or even business on domestic flights.

I have no doubt the regulations for that type of "first class" is the same- must be crated and fit under the seat.

I've only flown "first class" domestic in the U.S
It's glorified economy class as far as I'm concerned. Meaning you have a little more room than you would if you were in the emergency exit seats.

It's not like flying business international. At least not on AA or United. I know it depends on the plane, but I've never had true first class or even business on domestic flights.

I have no doubt the regulations for that type of "first class" is the same- must be crated and fit under the seat.

I agree. Domestic first class doesn't mean squat vs traveling business overseas.

Dogs are treated the same, regardless of seat.

Ok I'm now convinced they don't enforce a weight limit for carry on dogs. I just saw one that was a bit portly and barely fit in his mesh Carry on duffle. It was a chunky norwich

I cannot comment on bulldogs or emotional support dogs, but we travel a few times a year with our 2 little Poms. They always have to be in a carrier under the seat. They are $150 per leg per dog on AA. If we have a layover or even once we get to our destination the "boys" go on a leash to stretch their legs & a quick run outside to pee. Me & hubby take turns where one of us sits with the luggage & one walks the boys (which is probably what the celebs without carriers in the pics are doing). Never had any issues with them being walked around an airport on a leash. People go gaga over them. Makes me feel like a celebrity!

Nah she's posted pics with the dog on her lap on the plane ride. I think she had them certified which is SO wrong.

I was on a flight 2 weeks ago from NYC to LAX and a woman had her yorkie in one of the those chest carriers you use for babies. She did not have an airline approved carrier. This is the second time I have been on American Airlines and dogs did not have carriers.

I travel with my emotional support dog all the time. She is not required to be in a kennel at any time.

The airlines ask to see her paperwork (a not from my Dr) when we travel and she is able to sit on my lap during all flights. I MUST show her paperwork when asked because airlines have different rules for emotional support animals and service animals.

Service animals are not required to sit under the seat and cannot be separated from their owner.

I travel with my emotional support dog all the time. She is not required to be in a kennel at any time.

The airlines ask to see her paperwork (a not from my Dr) when we travel and she is able to sit on my lap during all flights. I MUST show her paperwork when asked because airlines have different rules for emotional support animals and service animals.

Service animals are not required to sit under the seat and cannot be separated from their owner.

Curious, has anyone sitting next to you complained about allergies, or not wanting to sit near a dog outside of their kennel?

No but I always ask if they mind my dog having a dog sitting next to them and offer to switch seats if they do. My dog is a Shih Tzu and she just curls up and goes to sleep on my lap.

No but I always ask if they mind my dog having a dog sitting next to them and offer to switch seats if they do. My dog is a Shih Tzu and she just curls up and goes to sleep on my lap.

:love::love: my dream dog!!!! That is really nice of you to ask them. I always wonder about what people say, if a dog is next to them and how the owner would handle it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420572704.295489.jpg

I assume one day I'll encounter someone who won't be thrilled but so far my experience has been good. The TSA people are always so sweet to her.

(except at the Phoenix airport where they apparently hate dogs - employees not travelers).