Traveling while wearing Cartier

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone. I'll be traveling from the US to Mexico without my husband and am wondering if it is safe to wear my Cartier jewelry or if I should leave it at home? I have a cartier small love bracelet, a cartier love ring, and I wear my tiffany key necklace with diamonds and my diamond wedding ring every day. I never take them off even to shower. But should I consider leaving it all at home? I'm going to a small village south of Cancun. I'm not staying in a resort and am staying in a condo.

Thoughts? Advice?

2. I'm all for "WEAR WHATEVER" but you also have to exercise discretion. You're not travelling with your husband and you're not in a resort. Leave the bling at home.

3. CUN isnt that dangerous unlike the news makes it seem. BUT being that you will be alone I personally wouldnt want to risk it,

Bronzi522 likes this.
  4. You may have to remove your LOVE bracelet to get thru airport security. You can ask the TSA to "wand" you if it's a pain to remove. I've always had trouble with metal/gold bracelets. Cancun is usually safe but I've only stayed in an all-inclusive resort...don't know about a condo.

5. I’m inclined to agree with @Miraku .. On an unrelated note, there is a restaurant in a village outside Cancun that our tour guide at Chichen itza recommended which serves grilled mozzarella and watermelon (he specifically recommended that). I can’t remember the name of the restaurant but if you can find it and have time I guarantee it is AMAZING though it sounds like a weird combination. It’s been 5 years and I still think about that dish sometimes :lol:

6. #7 Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019

7. I would for sure leave your precious jewelry at home while traveling and swap it out for some costume jewelry ,whether or not you are traveling with your Spouse or not , insured or not ,I know I would be extremely devastated if my precious jewelry were to get lost ,damaged or stolen ,always better to be safe than sorry !

8. #9 Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019

9. I am from Mexico, from Acapulco specifically, which is sadly not the safest place, so I don’t take any of my jewelry when I go back home. Do what feels right for you, but I would strongly recommend leaving your bling bling at home for peace of mind and safety. Have a great trip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice